Chapter Two: Flustered

Your POV

I wake up and stretch out into a yawn. My eyes flutter open and I stare at my ceiling, not wanting to get out of bed yet.

"(Y/N) get up! You're going to be late for school!"

I shoot up & rub my eyes.

Ugh.

I get out of bed and stumble over to my dresser. Just before I open my drawer to get clothes my calendar catches my eye.

Hm, first day of winter.

I smile and shake my head. I make my way to my window seeing clouds in the sky but no snow on the ground.

"Oh well, I guess we won't have snow on the first day of winter after all," I say with a fake sigh.

Almost instantly snow starts to flutter to the ground and I hear a chuckle.

"Cupid, I'm hurt," Jack says as he appears in front of my window with a hand on his heart. I laugh at that ridiculous nickname and turn around to go back to my dresser, Jack following. I open my drawer and grab a pair of skinny jeans. As I go to turn around I run into Jack.

"Ugh Frosty, get out of my way," I say as I roll my eyes and head to my closet.

"It's not my fault you don't look where you're going," he retorts and flies over to my closet already holding up a baby blue crop top sweater.

I eye him playfully and grab the sweater. "You want me to wear this?" I say while making a fake face of disgust.

He crosses his arms and mumbles, "I just thought it would look pretty..."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I ask, not hearing what he had said. I see what looks like a light blush spread across Jack's face. Did Jack Frost just blush?

"N-nothing! So (y/n), guess what day it is tomorrow!"

I lean against the bathroom door frame and tap my chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, I don't know. What day is it?" I say as a smile forms on my lips.

"Your birthday silly," he says as he nudges me. I slip into the bathroom and shut my door.

"Oh, looks like I forgot," I say as I hear Jack laugh.

I walk out of the bathroom to find Jack on the edge of my bed, playing with a freshly formed snowflake. He looks up at me and the snowflake falls to the ground, melting.

"Woah, prettier than I thought," he says barely above a whisper. I blush out of surprise and look down.

"Oh, um, thank you," I say. Jack's eyes get wide as he realizes he had spoken out loud.

He clears his throat and rubs the back of his head. "So, what do you want for your birthday?" I just roll my eyes and sit down in front of my mirror. I start brushing my (h/c) hair.

"Jack we've already discussed this." I hear him let out a groan.

"Oh come on Cupid, I have to get you something. Besides, you really think Tooth isn't going to get you a gift?" We both laugh and I turn around to look at him. As I stare into his eyes, I realize just how beautiful they are.

They're so blue. Ice blue. Wait, what is that in them? Snow flakes? Wow. They're so.. mesmerizing.

Jack's POV

"Oh come on Cupid, I have to get you something. Besides, you really think Tooth isn't going to get you a gift?" I say, hoping she'll cave in.  She let's out the most beautiful laugh.