Chapter Thirteen: Innocence

Your POV

Oh no.

I let out a shriek and turn around to start sprinting to the kitchen. As soon as I burst through the door I look around frantically. I choose to hide behind Bunny, who is standing next to the counter.

"Bunny, help! He's trying to get me!"

"Who? Who's trying to get you?"

Not even a split second later Jack busts through the kitchen door himself and looks around the room. I can tell he's a little out of breath. I hear frost trailing behind him, indicating that he's excited.

"Where is she, kangaroo?"

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb. I know she's in here."

"I have no clue who you're talking about, Frostbite."

A small giggle escapes my lips and I instantly cover my mouth. Dang it (Y/n). Are you serious? You totally just blew your cover. Note to self: never become a spy.

I peek around Bunny to see Jack smirking at me. My eyes turn wide at the playful glint in his eyes.

"Hand her over kangaroo. I'm not gonna hurt her."

"Bunny, don't do it! Help me instead!"

Bunny glances down at me and then to Jack. I can tell he's really thinking about what to do. I see his eyes flickering at all the possibilities of this situation. Both of us knowing that they all end in the same way. When Bunny looks down at me again, my heart drops.

Dang it.

"Sorry mate."

In one fluid motion, he picks me up and throws me to Jack. Jack catches me and freezes my mouth shut with a thin layer of ice. He nods at Bunny and turns to float out of the room. I roll my eyes and start screaming at them but the words only come out as muffled sounds. I finally stop squirming when Jack takes me into his room and sets my feet on the ground.

"That was completely and utterly uncalled for-"

He pauses for a split second, as if searching carefully for his next words.

"-But I'm not saying I didn't deserve it."

A signature smirk forms across his lips.

I roll my eyes again and point to my own lips. He melts the ice off of them and takes a step closer to me. He cups my face in his hands and gently presses his lips against mine for a brief moment. When he pulls away he pecks my nose.

"It was funny what you did back there. Trying to give me payback."

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck and peck his lips.

"Like you said, you deserved it." 

•••

Jack and I just stayed in his room after that. We just laid in bed lazily. We exchanged a few kisses here and there.

Okay.. maybe more than a "few" kisses.

But honestly for the most part, we just talked. Mostly about random things, really.

He mainly told me about a new boy that believed in him. His name was Jamie. He said he was different than anyone that had ever believed in him. I don't know why he thought this but I didn't really think to ask.

After a slight round of begging, and a few kisses to seal the deal, I finally convinced Jack to make it snow in his room. I laid there, my head resting on Jack's cold chest, just watching the snowflakes fall. Admiring their crystallized beauty. Letting the few that landed on my face melt before lazily brushing the light bit of moisture away.