Chapter Seven: Perfect Present

Pitch's POV

Ugh what could Cupid possibly want? There's nothing I could give her that would be good enough. I did notice the necklace and bracelets she was wearing though. That's it! Jewelry! That's what I'll get her! But wait, I can't get her a necklace, she already has one. I can't get her bracelets either. I know, I'll make her a ring. That's perfect! I hope she likes it.

Your POV

After Jack and I walked back into the living room my entire birthday party went by in a flash. Tooth's presents mainly consisted of clothes and of course, dental floss. North's presents were mostly snacks. Bunny gave me a LOT of brightly colored paintings, and, obviously, they were mostly of rabbits. And Sandy gave me tons of different dream catchers. This was honestly my best birthday yet. As I'm sitting on the couch watching the yetis clean up all the mess I let out a yawn and check my phone.

11:23. Oh no. It's so late. I have to get home. I have to go see Pitch.

Wait. I did not just think that.

I literally just kissed Jack a few hours ago and now I'm thinking about Pitch? What is wrong with me? Wait, me and Pitch are just friends. Right? Yeah, just friends.

Then again that is what I said about me and Jack too...

UGH. This is so frustrating.

I sit on the couch trying my hardest not to fall asleep, when suddenly I feel two very cold arms pick me up.

"Wait! No, Jack I wanna stay!" I say and try to push my way out of his arms. He chuckles and looks down at me.

"Shh, go back to sleep." I let out a huff and bury my face into his chest. Before I know it, I fall asleep.

Jack's POV

As I'm holding her and flying back to her house I can't help but wonder.

What happens is she does fall in love with me? What am I going to do then? What if things aren't the same?

The thought leaves my mind as I fly through her bedroom window.

Oh well, I'll worry about that later.

Your POV

I wake up as soon as Jack flies through my bedroom window. "Hmph," I grunt as I stretch out in his arms, almost making him drop me. He lays me down into my bed and pulls the covers over me.

"I'm going to go now, okay?" He walks to the light switch and turns off the light.

"Okay, Frosty."

He floats back over to me and kisses my forehead, "Happy Birthday." Then, he flew out of my room.

Pitch's POV

I'm on my way to (y/n)'s house when I see Jack fly into her window, carrying her. A part of me is hurt by the image I see.

Ugh, I need to get myself together. We're just friends.

I float over to her window and peek in as I see Frost pull the covers over her.

"I'm going to go now, okay?"

Ew. What a disgusting voice. I see him walk over and turn the light off. Good. He must really be leaving.

"Okay, Frosty," I hear (y/n) mumble out.

Oh that voice. Now that's a voice I love to hear. She sounds adorable when she's sleepy.

Ugh Pitch. Get. Yourself. Together.