Chapter Six: My Heart

Your POV

Well, that was unexpected.

Of all people I could meet today, it was Pitch? And he wasn't even.. evil. It's like everything Jack and the other guardians told me about him was a lie. But I knew that wasn't true, they would never lie to me about him. Maybe he changed? Maybe he's not the same Pitch anymore. I mean, he was so nice and comforting to me. He's never even given me a nightmare. That's when the thought hit me.

I kissed him on the cheek.

But before I could think any more about it I was being tackled in a hug from Bunny.

"Woah Bunny chill out there. You act like you haven't seen me in years." We both laugh as he lets me go and starts dragging me into the living room.

"I know, I know. But it's your birthday! Besides, I'm just glad you're here so maybe Jack will get out of his bad mood," he says and gestures towards the living room.

"What are yo-"

"Shut it, kangaroo," I hear as I look over to see Jack leaning against the wall. Before I can say anything else Tooth flies in and gasps.

"(Y/n)! You're here!" She automatically wraps me in a hug and whispers in my ear, "What's going on with you two? Why did you show up separately?" She pulled away from the hug and whispered again, "Have you been crying?" I just smile and whisper back, "We'll talk later."

No sooner that I said that, in came North through the doors to the kitchen, holding a plate full of cookies. "Ah! Cupid! Happy Birthday!" I let out a laugh.

"Thanks North," I say as I take a cookie off the plate and pop it into my mouth.

I make my way over to the couch and take a seat next to Sandy. He makes a picture of a present above his head and I smile.

"Thanks, buddy."

Then he makes a picture of Jack and a mad face.

"Shh Sandy, keep it down," I say putting a finger to my mouth.

He nods his head and makes the pictures smaller to where only I can see them. He asks if me and Jack got into a fight.

"Yeah Sandy, we did."

He asks what about and I just smile. "Don't worry about it, we'll talk later," I say and shoot him a wink.

I love Sandy. I love talking to him. Quite ironically he gives the best advice. He always knows just what to say, well, show.

All of the sudden there's a loud crash in the hallway. We all jump up to see what it is only to find North trapped under a mountain of presents. Tooth and Bunny run to help him up and I just laugh.

"You know this wouldn't have happened if you guys would have just listened to me when I said not to get me anything." They all look at me and gasp.

"No presents? That would be terrible!" It was North that piped in. We all laughed and carried the presents to the living room.

Normally it was tradition that Jack would sit next to me on the couch and help me open my presents, since he didn't have a real birthday of his own. But I had a feeling this year would be different. As we sat the presents down I sat in my normal seat. Jack stood leaning up against the same wall as before, so Sandy came and sat next to me. As I began opening my presents we were all laughing and having a good time. That is, until Jack flew out of the room.

When he did this everyone looked at me. I just looked down. Not wanting to see the looks on their faces. It was the same as the look on mine.

Hurt.