Chapter Twelve: Misunderstanding

Your POV

I awake to the sound of birds chirping outside of Jack's window. A cool breeze is blowing in. Frost is starting to form along the window's frame. I start to stir and let out a quiet groan.

"Oh. You're finally awake."

My eyes fly around the room before landing on Jack, who's sitting in a chair halfway across the room.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."

He starts to float towards me. I stretch my body out letting out a another small groan before relaxing my body again. A sleepy grin forms on my face as Jack reaches the bedside. He lifts my chin up lightly with his finger, leaning down and planting a soft kiss onto my lips.

"What time is it?" I sleepily ask while sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"About 12:30."

My eyes shoot wide open as I jump out of the bed. Jack almost falls backwards by my abrupt movement.

"You let me sleep in until 12:30?!"

Jack just chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. He pecks my nose and I feel a slight blush creep across my face.

"I didn't want to wake you. You look so beautiful when you're sleeping."

I look down and nudge him a little as I feel my blush deepen. I step back and take a quick look around. I start to walk towards the door. As I open it I quickly turn around to face Jack.

"I'm going to go change. I'll only be a minute, alright?" Jack nods and I make my way to my room. I softly shut the door behind me, not caring enough to lock it.

I walk over to my closet and grab a pair of black leggings and a baggy baby blue sweater. I pull my shorts off and pull my leggings on in their place. I pull on a pair of baby blue fuzzy socks and I pull my T-shirt off over my head. Just as I pick up my sweater to put it on I feel the temperature in the room drop. Assuming it's just Jack, I don't even try to cover up my half naked body.

"Frosty, I said I would only be a-"

I turn around but I'm not greeted with the ice blue eyes I was expecting. No. Instead I'm greeted by bright gold ones, and I can't ignore the anger that is shining through them.

I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. My breath hitched. My whole body went numb. I couldn't even blink. I couldn't look away. It's like I was frozen. How is he here?

"Did you just expect me to be okay with this?"

I stare at him blankly. Unable to respond. His words burning into my brain. My own words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I tried as hard as I could, but they wouldn't make their way through my lips.

Say something. You have to speak up. Just say something.

Suddenly Pitch appears directly in front of me. He grips my waist tightly with his hands, his nails coming so close to breaking through my skin.

"Why did you leave?"

I stare into his eyes and try to see through his angry facade. I look until I uncover the emotion he had been trying to hide. An emotion that I had caused.

Hurt.

"I had to. Jack found out you were hanging around town so he made me come here." I let out a shaky breath.

To my surprise, his grip on my waist only tightens and a small whimper escapes my mouth. For the first time since I've met him the thought floods my mind.