Chapter Nine: Opposites

Your POV

I sit there holding Pitch in my arms, running my hand through his hair.

What was I going to do with him? He looked so hurt when he tried to tell me about giving me a nightmare. Ya know, for someone so scary, he sure is a softie at heart. I laugh at my thought.

I feel Pitch start to stir and look down at him. Is he.. asleep? That's very surprising. I drift into my thoughts and soon drift into sleep myself.

•••

"Cupid, my dear, wake up," I hear as someone shakes me. I roll over and groan.

"Mom, just five more minutes." I hear a chuckle behind me and my eyes fly open. I turn over to see Pitch, smiling at me.

"Good morning my dark little angel," he says with a laugh. I feel a blush spread across my face. Did he really have to call me that? I sit up and look at my clock.

6:30 a.m.

I turn around and smack his chest lightly. "What's the bright idea waking me up so early?" I glare at him as he lets out a throaty laugh and runs his hand through his hair.

"Well, I have to get going. You know, before that Frostbite bestfriend of yours comes by to wake you up."

"Oh, yeah. I guess, you're right."

I'm caught off guard when Pitch jumps out of bed. "But before I go, can I pick out your outfit?" I look up to see him grinning at me and making his way towards my closet.

"Yes!"

I crawl out of bed a walk over to stand beside him. He glances at me and taps his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, what should you wear?" He starts to look through my closet and groans.

"You own a lot of blue." I just laugh and look at him.

"Well yeah, that's what happens when your bestfriend is Jack Frost." I see him grimace and grab a shirt.

"Ah, this'll do nicely."

He picked a long sleeve grey shirt with thin black stripes on it. He floats over to my dresser and pulls out a pair of black leggings. Black and grey. Of course. He turns around with a grin on his face.

"Here." He smirks and hands me the clothes. I smile at him as I grab the clothes and head to the bathroom.

As soon as I open the bathroom door and walk out I'm being slammed against my bedroom wall. My eyes go wide as I see Pitch, staring at me with a devilish look in his eyes.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" I ask him with a smirk as I start to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Finishing what we started last night," he says as his hands grip my waist.

"And that would be?"

Instead of words I'm answered by Pitch slamming his lips down onto mine. He grips my hips tighter. He runs his tongue along my lip to ask for entrance. I refuse. Then, he bites down on my bottom lip, letting a growl escape his mouth. I gasp as he does this and he uses this as his opportunity to slide his tongue in.

This kiss is so different from Jack's. It's so.. hungry. It's like he thinks I could just disappear any second. Maybe to him, I could. How am I not thinking about everything that is at stake? I could lose my bestfriend over this.

Soon I'm knocked out of my train of thought as we both pull back from the kiss, out of breath. I'm the first to speak up.

"That was.."