Chapter Twenty One: First Impression

Your POV

"Do I have to go? I mean, are you sure they'll even be able to see me? Even if they can, what are they going to think about my appearance. I don't exactly look the same anymore ya know," I tell Pitch and Jack while pacing back and forth through my bedroom.

It's the first day after Christmas break. The boys are forcing me to go back to school. They said it would be too suspicious if I just disappear into thin air without a trace. I say it's stupid. I'm a spirit for crying out loud. Why do I have to go to school?

"We already told you. Everyone in your school will be able to see you since you didn't actually die. You'll be fine. And as far as your change in appearance goes, I think everyone will love it. I mean, we do," Jack reassures me, gesturing towards Pitch and himself.

"But Jack and I also agreed that you need to look really good for your official debut as a spirit. So we put an outfit together for you to wear. I think you'll find that it screams Cupid," Pitch says, pointing to the outfit that is laid across my dresser.

I fly over to it and carry it into my bathroom. After putting it on, I look into the mirror.

One word: Woah.

Pitch wasn't wrong when he said this outfit absolutely screamed Cupid. It's like I'm a modern day version of the angel himself. For the first time in while, I actually feel like me.

The boys had picked out a pair a black ripped jeans and a light red t-shirt t-shirt with the word "love" on it. They paired it with a distressed jean jacket and a pair of white converse. They also picked out a pair of ruby red heart earrings. My fiery red hair cascading in curls down my back topped it all off.

I'm honestly surprised they have such good taste.

I walk out of the bathroom and do a little spin in front of the two boys.

"So, do I look Cupid enough?" I ask with a small smile on my face.

Jack nods his head slowly as he stares at me with a parted mouth. Pitch's eyes trail up and down my body.

"We did good, man. She looks great," Jack says, holding his fist out to Pitch. Pitch chuckles before bumping Jack's fist with his own.

"I agree, but Cupid you better get going. First class starts in 2 minutes," Pitch adds while tapping his wrist.

I pick up a snowglobe and throw it on the ground. Taking in a deep breath I walk through the portal.

It's now or never.

I step onto the concrete of the sidewalk by my school. I follow the path up to the double doors. Exhaling softly I push the door open, readying myself for all the stares I'm about to receive. As I slowly walk through the door, the first bell rings. The hallway that would normally be filled with kids loudly running to class is dead silent.

The reason? Me.

I walk confidently past the frozen kids, politely smiling with each glance. No one makes a single movement until I walk past them. I feel their eyes burning into the back of my head. As I make my way up to the second floor of the building, the tardy bell rings.

Great. First day back and I'm already late.

Everyone's really going to be staring at me now.