Chapter Seventeen: Training

Your POV

I'm standing in the training room, facing Jack and Pitch. They were the ones going to teach me how to control my powers.

Great.

The rest of the guardians are watching me from the bench along the wall.

We have been at this all morning. I still haven't figured out what powers I have. I am honestly beginning to think that this is useless.

"Come on Cupid. You can do this. Just focus. Think about love." Pitch says while staring into my eyes.

I did not want to be thinking about love right now. Not while I was in my situation.

I let out a sigh and shut my eyes.

And I reluctantly think about love.

I think about the excitement someone gets when their partner enters the room. The warm feeling in their stomach when their lover's skin brushes against their own. The way their eyes light up when they say their name. The sporadic rhythm of their heart when they share a kiss.

I open my eyes slowly, hoping for any trace of powers.

And... nothing.

"This isn't working! Maybe I just don't have any powers. Maybe I'm just a powerless guardian." I cross my arms and look down.

Tooth and Bunny make their way over to me.

"Look Mate, these things take time. You can't just expect your powers to come to you automatically. You have to figure out what triggers them." Bunny places a paw on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Bunny's right, you just have to have patience. You have to find what sets your powers off. It can take some spirits years to figure it out." Tooth says with a smile.

I sit there for a second, soaking in their words. Maybe I'm just a little too impatient.

"You're right. Thank guys. I guess I'm just really eager to find out what I can do."

I really don't deserve them as friends. I love them so much.

I smile and pull them both into a hug. The second I place my arms around both of them I feel a warmth flood over my body and my head starts to spin.

I automatically pull back and fly subconsciously away from them. I grip my head, trying to steady myself. I shake my head a couple times and slowly my vision starts to clear. My body temperature starts to cool down and I finally regain my balance.

"Woah. What just happened?"

But when I look up everyone's eyes are fixed on Bunny and Tooth. I shoot my gaze over to them and my mouth drops open.

Bunny and Tooth are.. kissing?!

Did I do that? Oh my gosh. How do I make it stop?! This is bad. This is very bad.

I look around, trying to find something that will work. Everyone is standing in shock, staring at the two guardians in the center of the room.

Think Cupid, think. Just use your powers again. How do I make people not love each other?

Frustrated, I fly back over to Tooth and Bunny.

I don't even know how I did this to them, let alone how I make it stop. It just happened whenever I touched them. It was an accident. Wait. It happened when I touched them.

So maybe if I just...

I put a hand on each of their shoulders.

As soon as my skin comes in contact with theirs they jump back from each other, gripping their heads.