14

The next morning, Catherine actually woke up before any of the guys woke her up. The digital clock on the bedside table showed it was 7:32.

She was left alone with her thought, since there was nothing in this place to entertain her.

She thought about Sophie. What did Sophie do to pass time? Probably making out with Ashton, since that's the only thing that came to mind about the two being together. If he trusted Sophie so much, then she was probably able to go out more.

The blank walls of the room made Catherine think of ideas to decorate. What a thought, as if she would stay here forever. She thought it was true, though. Her promise to Luke made it even more prominent.

If she were to stay here forever, might as well make it enjoyable. Since she is 17 and her birthday being in two months, she would be an adult. This made her believe that this wasn't a kidnapping, this would be her life. She thought of it as her new home and being an independent woman. Well, cross off the independent part because the boys wouldn't let her go.

Catherine knew what she wanted. She was going to gain their trust and enjoy her stay.

She jotted down the things she would have to get to make her new bedroom pretty in her mind. But in order to get these things she would have to steal.

Wow, she was really doing this. She observed every inch of the shed then she saw Ashton coming in.

"Oh, uh, what are you doing?" Ashton asked. He saw her standing in the middle of the living room.

"I'm observing this place, so I know where to decorate and organize things," she said matter-a-factly. His face etched with confusion.

"Decorate?" he asked.

"Well, yeah. I wanna be able to live comfortably and have a cute living space," she smiled.

He grew suspicious because he remembered Sophie saying something about living with them.

"I need paint, some Christmas lights and small things we can go get," Catherine listed of he things in her mind.

He didn't want history to repeat, but he will let her do things on an exception.

"Uh, ok. But you're getting them on your own," he stated. She nodded her in excitement.

*

"Cathy, here's your paint and Christmas lights that I found in the garage," Luke said. He walked in with a box of junk and placed it on the floor.

"Oh, thanks," She said sincerely. He shrugged, and sat down on the couch.

"Wow, so you're decorating. How cute."

"Well, I've been thinking, since I'll be 18 soon and I'll be an adult. I can like practice living on my own here sort of. I just wanted to have a nice space, you know?"

He nodded trying to comprehend what she said.

"I'm just trying to make this feel like home and not a place I'm being held in by my kidnappers," she confessed. Luke's eyebrows furrowed and sighed.

He felt bad, but at least she was doing her best here.

"Okay, well you have fun. Do you need help with anything?" he asked.

Catherine shook her head and picked up the box that he placed on the floor.

He nodded and left, trudging back up to the house.

"Hey, mate!" Michael chirped. Luke makes a 'hi' and went up to his room.

He wanted to do something for Cathy. She deserved to do whatever she wants but they can't trust her leaving. If only they weren't in this situation that they have to capture someone.

"Dammit, Luke. What do I do?" He whispered to himself.

*

"This is so cute, I feel so tumblr right now," Cathy said to herself checking out her painting skills. She had to make do with the blue, white, and gray paint which happened to make a nice combination of colors.

The furniture-which there wasn't much of-was all pushed into the middle, so nothing touched the wall. Until the newly painted walls were dry she would eventually organize and decorate the place. At least, now the walls weren't dull and bare.

She laid in the bed in the middle of the room since she didn't have anything to do until the walls were dry. She thought of her little sister, Sabrina. What was she doing right now? Did she miss her?

Tears silently rolled off her face and groaned. She wanted to keep in touch with her family, if only they can make a deal.

Cathy had an idea, but she doesn't know if it would work.