17

Heartache.

That's all Ashton could remember. When he woke up, he was drenched in sweat. A terrible memory woke him up. It was him and Sophie.

"Ashton, are we going to get caught?" Sophie whispered, her hand in his.

"No, Soph. I'll be right by your side, don't worry," Ashton assured her. It was her first time. She agreed eagerly to go with them on their little 'shopping' trip.

"I don't know about this," Ashton backed out. He saw another gang, walking in the little store. The few members of that gang stayed outside as guard.

"Ash, it's fine. Like you said, I'm the distraction," Sophie reminded him. She got up and made her way to the tattooed, short brunette. The guy was eyeing her up and down, and Ashton felt a heat rush through his body. He didn't like the way they were looking at her.

Sophie slowly made her way towards the two guys, smirking at them. She knew what to do, this was all easy for her.

Being the school's slut basically helped her get away with everything, but Ashton didn't need to know that because of course she wouldn't be going to school anymore anyway.

"Hey, boys," she called out. The tattooed guy smirked looking at his companion on the other side.

"Well, what is a pretty thing like you doing out here?"the tattooed guy said.

"Just wanted some night air, and seeing you guys got me interested," she grinned devilishly. They laughed, oh but not a genuine laugh. She stepped closer to the tattooed guy and he snaked his hand around her waist. She smirked, then her free hand was signaling Ashton and the boys to rush in the back door.

Ashton was fuming with those guys touching her, but he knew this was what she was for.

She was a distraction.

Sophie was growing impatient since the boys she was with were in there for too long. The two guys have been feeling her up with each of them taking turns and grinning like idiots. The tattooed guy was getting very touchy and got closer to her face. He ducked his face in the crook of her neck and began to suck he got rougher and she knew he was leaving a mark.

Fuck. Ashton would get pissed. She tried pushing him off, but his weight had so much pressure on her that he barley even backed away. She struggled to break free, but knew she had to keep cool.

"Get your hands off her!" Ashton was there. He was always there to save the day. The tattooed guy backed off smirking at him.

"This bitch yours?"

Ashton made a low growl. "She is not a bitch. Now fuck off before I rip your damn head off," he said so calmly it was terrifying.

"Dude, lets just go," his companion had said, tugging his arm. The tattooed guy huffed emitting a nasty sound of disgust.

That's when Sophie ran to Ashton's arms, holding each other tightly. He didn't want anything to happen to Sophie. Ever.

But as times passed , she did too. She was a liar, and knew how to get her way. That's how she escaped. Because she got her way.

Because Ashton let her.

*

"When's the last time you've had a home cooked meal?" Catherine asked looking up at the boys. Luke woke her up that morning and let her in the house right away.

"It's been forever, that's for sure," Calum actually responded. It feels like he's never really into the conversations and just seems quiet all the time beside Luke.

"Do any of you know how to cook?" she asked, feeling that she already knew the answer.

They all murmured a 'no' and continued whatever they were doing.(playing FIFA with Calum)

Ashton hasn't been down, and Catherine had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach just thinking about him ever since last night.

"I should cook for you guys then," she casually said. All the boys stopped and looked at her with sparkles in their eyes.

"Hell yeah!" Michael grinned looking at her, then dropping his gaze. It's all his fault that it's awkward now. He's the one who got all horny and jumped her in the men's section at Target.

The others just let out an inaudible words assuming they said yes.

She began looking through the dark oak cupboards, in search of anything she can cook with. Everywhere she looked there was only junk food consisting of chips, oreos, candy bars, and a small box of cereal.

"Do you guys have at least some money or are you guys really just stupid?" She muttered the second question not wanting them to get mad.

"I mean yeah, we have a box of cash we save for anything big," Luke replied.

"How much?

"Over time we've got it to about three hundred," Luke said.

Catherine nodded her head and frowned. "Have you guys tried getting a job at all?"

"Ugh, no," Michael answered this time. "Ashton and Luke actually tried once, but the pay was so low because I mean they worked at this ancient shop no one ever goes to, so Ashton got fed up and quit not bothering to stay. They really didn't even get paid because no one went there obviously," he explained.

"Have you guys tried looking for a better one? You guys should work for what you want because that's how life is. You work, you earn. Stealing won't get you anywhere, one day you'll get caught and no one wants that no do you?" she advised crossing her arms.

They all shook their heads, looking done with the conversation. A loud thumping noise was getting louder and louder then stopped at the same time Ashton reached the living room. Every time he's around us the mood just completely changes. It was uncomfortable.

He greeted everyone with a 'hey' and saw Catherine standing in the kitchen. He made his way towards her and she stood there watching him, anticipating what he was going to do. She was surprised and taken back when Ashton hugged her. He grabbed her by the waist and pushed her against the wall just like that other day in the kitchen doing the same thing. He stopped to look at her and all thoughts of Sophie went away. He brought his hand up to her face using his fingers to trail her cheekbone then down to her jawbone.

Catherine wanted to say something, but she was liking this. The butterflies in her stomach and blush in her cheeks gave Ashton what he wanted.

Power.

When he pulled away she craved for his touch once again.

Luke saw it all. He was aware of what Ashton has been doing, but he kept quiet. He saw the look on Catherine's face, but he was not okay. He didn't like how Ashton was playing her. She really was an innocent person and wouldn't hurt him unlike Sophie.

Luke was going to talk to Catherine and get things straight. He couldn't bear this feeling in his chest. It had to be let out.

A/N: How you liking it so far? I have something juicy up my sleeve and I just love writing this story. Anyway, just please vote and comment so it gets me motivated to write more thanks! <3