20

The swaying and crunching of leaves had Catherine a little more conscious. Like when you fall asleep in the car, and you're actually somewhat awake and you still hear what's happening and feeling the bumpiness of the road.

Her eyes were still shut when she felt the dip and creak of what sounded like a bed. She opened her eyes and saw that it was Luke. She was about to say something, but he was already turning away and leaving out the door.

She sighed rolling up the sheets to her chest to get warmer. Suddenly, the bed dipped once again. This time she spoke. "Luke?" she croaked.

"No, it's Ashton," he said. Her eyes opened wide and sat up straight to see him.

"Ash!" she whisper-yelled. He put his finger to his lips to shush her and pulled on her hand.

"Come on, let's go," he whispered.

"What, why? I'm so sleepy," she whined. He rolled his eyes and pulled her out of the bed. She gasped once she was being carried and thrown over his shoulder. "Put me down! What the hell are you doing?" She pounded on his back trying to stop him, but he didn't allow it. He took her outside and placed her down.

"Wasn't so hard now, right?" he smirked. She groaned and she followed him to a small black car. Well, this is different.

"Ashton, where are we going?" She asked, putting on her seatbelt.

"A place we are going to," he grinned.

*

The car slowed to a stop and Catherine took a moment to observe her surroundings and where they were. To the right, there was a dark train station that looked abandoned. Crumpled pieces of paper were strewn everywhere on the ground. Ashton took Catherine's hand and guided them both to a bench.

They took a seat, while Catherine sat on the whole other end of the bench.

Ashton raised an eyebrow at her and scooted closer to her making her feel uncomfortable. She didn't move an inch until he finally was skin to skin with her touching thighs.

Catherine looked everywhere else but at him and awed at the big old train in front of them. It definitely did not look functional, the layers of dust collected on every piece of the train, the rustiness of the rails and the railroad tracks.

She wasn't aware of Ashton carefully watching her, smiling each time her eyes squinted or widened looking at the big old train.

"Wow, it's beautiful, I love looking at these kinds of things. I like vintage stuff," she grinned. Ashton cracked a smile. He wanted to say he loved looking at her because she was truly beautiful.

"Yeah, I do too. My dad and grandfather actually used to take me here. We would sit on this same bench and I'd listen to the stories of when he used to ride this train when it was working 'back in the day.'" He explained using his fingers as quotes in the air.

She smiled at that. He was opening up to her, but she felt odd. "Why are you doing this?" she asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows understanding what she said. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you telling me about your personal childhood, why did you take me here in the first place?" She continued.

He nodded. He placed a hand on her thigh, the touch sending electric bolts up her leg. "Because I can."

Catherine nodded, knowing he always says 'because I can' to anything he's asked. "Okay."

He sighed, looking away from her. "I'm just so caught up with this stupid crap I can't take it anymore. I hate how I am. I'm such a failure and I dragged my friends into this and now you." She frowned lowering her head.

"If it makes you feel any better, it's actually kind of fun with you guys. How weird is that?" She commented.

Her comment triggered an emotion in Ashton remembering Sophie all over again. How she said she has fun with the boys.

He huffed, "You have fun? So did you have fun when Michael was feeling you up, was that fun too?"

She frowned, scrunching her face in disgust. "Ashton, what the hell are you talking about? What Michael did was not okay and you were there to stop it, I'm really thankful you were there."

"Yeah, right. Who's next Luke? Because earlier he seemed infatuated with you," he kept at it. She was beginning to get worried and fearful of Ashton's reactions.

"Ashton, please stop."

"No, I can do what I want," he snapped and crossed his arms.

"I don't understand, what is your problem?"

"You Sophie! You're the problem dammit!" He yelled, frightening Catherine even more.

Sophie once again was mentioned.

"Ash, I'm not Sophie," she said. He snapped his head up and his eyes widened.

"Dammit, I'm sorry. Fuck!" He grew frustrated with Sophie creeping into his mined once again. "Cathy, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Can we just go, please?"

He sighed grabbed her by the shoulders and embraced her.

"Yes, yes we can."

Hey guys! I went to travel town museum and took this picture! It's so cool seeing all the old trains. Btw if u didn't know it's this train museum in Griffith park I'm California. It's pretty cool. Ok byeeeee