18

"Cathy, can can I talk to you?" Luke was in a desperate need to talk to Catherine. This was it. He wanted to tell her.

"Sure," Cathy replied with such an innocent look.

He brought her outside into her 'house', so they could speak in private. Luke's back was hunched like the hunchback of Notre Dame and silently padded inside with Cathy following behind. He placed both hands on her shoulder turning her to face him.

"Cathy, please by all means. Don't trust Ashton or even develop feelings for him," he pleaded. She grew curious as to why-oh, the irony-she should stay away from Ashton and do what Luke says.

"Wait, okay. Why?" she asked not completely understanding.

"He's not someone you want to fall for. Things went sour after Sophie. I'm not saying you're gonna do the same things she did to Ash, but it's just not a good idea. Just keep your distance," he elaborated.

"What is up with this Sophie girl? It's like every single thing about me or Ashton, she's brought up or being compared to me?" her teeth clenching.

"I know, I-I'm sorry. Just stay clear of Ashton," he took a hold of her hand.

"I just don't understand."

Luke sighed, not knowing if he should really tell her or not.

"Cathy, I just. I like you. A lot. And I can't stand it when Ashton is playing around with you because we all know he's still hung up on that bitch," he sighed.

"Oh," she breathed. She was a little overwhelmed with this. How could Luke like her? Is this all a joke?

"Yeah, oh."

Both Luke and Catherine turned their heads to a furious Ashton standing in the doorway.

How did they not hear the door open? Catherine's eyes widened as Luke stood with an annoyed look on his face.

"Ash, what are you doing here?" Luke glowered.

"Because I want to be? I can do whatever I want, mate." He glared.

The two boys were fuming and you can literally cut the tension with a knife in that small shed. It's ironic how loud the silence was standing there.

Catherine did that fake cough to break the silence. "You two boys done here?" She eyed the pair and none of them made a move.

"Cathy, you're coming with me," Ashton spoke.

"No, Cathy. Don't go anywhere with him," Luke quickly said. He had such a stern look, so Catherine just stayed planted to the same spot. Her mind was racing with thoughts of Luke and Ashton just going at it.

Suddenly, a head was peeking through the door.

"Is everything all right?" Calum interrupted the moment.

"Cal, please go take Catherine in the house with you. Just keep an eye on her," Luke ordered.

Calum just nodded and Catherine gladly sidestepped from Luke's stance and walked to the door.

As soon as they left, Ashton stared hard at Luke as if he was observing his prey, waiting for any sudden movement.

"Can you tell me why on earth you were talking to Catherine about Sophie?" Ashton fumed. Knuckles cracking, feet shoulder width apart, he was ready to do damage.

"Ash, I'm just telling her to be careful," Luke was not liking the situation. He always tried to stay on Ashton's good side, but obviously today was not the day.

"Be careful? Be fucking careful," he laughed.

Luke remained in silence, interlacing his fingers together.

"Luke, I'm fucking sick of this. Sophie is gone and that's it. Nothing we can do about it," he scoffed. The name spitting from his mouth as if it was acid burning his lips.

"Nothing we can do about it? It was your fault you let that bitch run, this isn't about her anymore, it's you and your stupidity! She had you wrapped around her finger and you looked like some dog being obedient to anything she said!" Luke shouted. His lungs reached its full spike and he waited for whatever Ashton might say.

"You know what, fuck you Luke! This is bullshit, I'm the one who got this house and I'm the one who's helping you all out," he paused, "you know what, your right Luke. This is all about me! I'm the glue to all of us, and you just wish you were me-"

"Like hell, I wanna be you! Im sick of you, you're just a disgusting person who plays around with everyone including Catherine! I see the things you do to her, its not right. She even looks uncomfortable around you," Luke glared.

Ashton's eyes held such fury and he looked like he was about to snap when Luke mentioned Catherine.

"I'm not playing around with Catherine."

"Yes you are. I always see it. Oh, just like earlier in the kitchen. I saw that too."

Ashton's hand was opening and closing trying to keep his cool, but he then clenched them into fists.

He huffed then ran out the door slamming it hard.

"Fucking, coward!" Luke yelled out.

Then Ashton fled.