6

Ashton wasn't having it. All the boys decided to go out, so he had to watch Catherine for the day. She's been sitting at the same spot of the couch for the whole time without having spoken a word to him. He was frustrated and hated the silence.

"Hey, listen to me, I don't know what you're thinking, but just stop sitting there like a damn statue!" He yelled which made her jump.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do? The only thing I want to do is go home, but obviously that's not happening," Catherine finally spoke. "You know, you're a really bad kidnapper," she said and turned around to look at him straight in the eye. "Honestly, it's like any moment, I can run away right now, but I'm choosing not to because who knows what'll happen," She remarked.

Ashton was taken back with what she said. He got up and made his way to her. "I don't know who you think you are, but I'm not letting you talk to me like that. I'm not the type of guy who kidnaps people to rape or murder them. We just need help," he paused and Catherine just didn't understand his meaning of help. "more of a female help."

She rolled her eyes, "Help. I hope your version of help isn't for your pleasure. Especially, a gang bang because this is just ridiculous."

"I already told you! We're not gonna rape you or use you god dammit! I'm not that kind of guy, all of the guys too," He was trying hard to make it clearer for her, but it wasn't helping.

"Ok, so you guys aren't the type of people to rape or murder, but you are the type to just kidnap a girl," Catherine retorted.

Ashton was infuriated. This girl was driving him nuts, but he had to bear her for now until the guys came back.

"If you say one more damn thing, then I might as well fucking murder you right now!" He screamed. Catherine cowered in fear when the rustling noise of the door was being unlocked which meant the boys were finally back.

"What's with all the noise?" Calum asked. Ashton sighed in relief and ran out of the house just like yesterday. Luke and Michael were taking food and random junk from out of their pockets and hoodies since it seemed like they went out to go 'grocery shopping.'

"Uh, what just happened?"

*

After what happened with Ashton, Luke came to talk to Catherine alone. "Just pick yourself back up and strut that stuff,"Luke said. Catherine giggled softly. He assured Catherine that everything will be alright, but she couldn't help but feel a strange familiarity to those words.

"I feel like someone's told me those same exact words before," she said aloud. Luke's eyes widened then returned to its normal state. "I saw that," she observed. She noticed the small details that normally people don't pay attention to and that helped her to know or see someone's reactions.

Luke sighed and decided whether or not to tell her. He could tell that Catherine trusted him and is a lot more comfortable with him than the other boys. "Well, it probably sounds familiar because I've told you those same exact words at school one morning."

She tilted her head and thought for a moment. She was starting to get an image of a short blonde, skinny kid with his hair all on his forehead, she remembered how he always had to jerk his head to flip his hair to the side. He had striking similarities to the guy in front of her.

"Wait, it's you, from ninth grade. Isn't it? Oh my god you look so different from then! I can't believe this-"

His smile was growing wider. He remembered that morning when he saw a girl silently crying to herself and he helped her that morning.

"Wow, but you are so smart. You even helped me in math another time, I'm so confused ugh" Catherine was delighted that she somewhat knew this guy.

"Well I wanna tell you what happened and why it's like this and why he had to well, you know" Luke said while gesturing his hand to me. "You deserve to know."

"Damn, right I do!" Catherine exclaimed. She grew excited and nervous at the same time.

"No, I really am sorry, but what we do, it can't be helped. We're just four stupid high school drop outs who can't do shit to make money. We thought we could make it as a band, but no one wanted to market us out there.

We all thought we could make it. We thought we could prove our parents wrong but it turned out that they were right. Things got worse, and Ashton took it upon himself to get us to do what we had to do. We have to steal and sometimes do really bad shit to get things. It's just who we are now. We needed to have a girl that could possibly help us out. Someone smart enough to help us out somehow. I don't, but it's all messed up." He sighed and his eyes were lost in memories as if he was reliving them.

"Just remember, if you ever feel scared, don't be. Because were four idiot boys that can't do much,"Luke reassured.