First mission

"This is Sasuke, arrived at point B".

"This is Sakura, arrived at point C".

"This is Akashi, arrived at point D".

...

...

"This is Naruto, arrived at point A".

"You're slow, Naruto". Kakashi lectured through the mic.

"Okay, 7th unit... the target has moved, after it!". Kakashi whispered into the mic. Akashi was standing atop a tree branch, following the feline with his eyes. The other three sneaked up closer. "What's the distance?" Kakashi asked. Naruto peeked behind the tree. "Five meters, I'm ready to go". "I am too", "Me, too". Sasuke and Sakura added.

"Okay... go!" Kakashi commanded. The three of them jumped out of their hiding spots and Akashi descended from the tree. Naruto dashed at the cat and grabbed it by its sides. "I got you!" He yelled. The cat started scratching and hissing at him and he fell down. "Confirm target? Ribbon on its right ear?" Kakashi asked through the mic. Akashi reached to his ear. "Affirmative". And turned to the struggling Naruto on the ground. "Naruto, give me the poor cat".

Hearing his brother, Naruto jumped to his feet and threw the cat in Akashi's arms. Once it was in his arms, the cat immediately settled down and started purring. "Huh?!" Naruto pointed an accusing finger at Akashi. "No fair! How come it likes you, but not me?!" Akashi let out a sigh and trailed his finger down the cat's spine. The cat let out a mewl and sprawled in his arms. "This is why". Akashi nodded towards the cat.

_

They returned to the Hokage Tower and gave the cat back to its owner. The lady immediately started rubbing her face onto the cat. "I was so worried about you, Tora-chan!" She then continued to squish the cat. Akashi grimaced at the sight. No wonder the cat escaped from her... poor creature. The Hokage cleared his throat. "Now... Team 7's next mission is... babysitting, grocery shopping, digging potatoes at-". He was interrupted by Naruto who jumped in front of him, crossing his arms in an x.

"No! No thanks to all of those! I want a more exciting mission!" He stubbornly declined everything. A tick mark appeared on Akashi's forehead. This idiot! Naruto, sensing danger behind him, slowly turned around. Akashi was standing with his clenched fist in the air. "Na-ru-to!" He pronounced every syllable through gritted teeth. Naruto shivered and took a step back. "A-Akashi, listen!" He tried to calm him down, but it was no use.

Akashi walked over to a frozen Naruto and slapped him on the back of the head. "You idiot! Don't interrupt people!" He yelled while tapping his foot on the ground. From behind them Kakashi sweatdropped. He's exactly like Kushina, but it seems he has Minato's smarts.

Iruka slammed his hands on the table. "You're still a novice ninja, you need experience first!" He lectured Naruto. "B-But-". Naruto was once again slapped on the back of the head. "Naruto!" Akashi yelled at him. "Cut it out". Kakashi added. The Hokage then proceeded to explain how mission rankings work to Naruto. He said that they are separated into ranks by their difficulties. D is the lowest and A is the highest. He also said that people are separated into ranks according to their abilities. Genin being the lowest and Jounin being the highest. Naruto still argued with him and the Hokage gave up.

"Okay, I understand". The Hokage said. This seemed to catch everyone's attention. Akashi narrowed his eyes and looked at the Hokage. What is he planning? "If you insist, I will give you a C rank mission... it's to escort a certain person". He clarified. An escort mission? Akashi shifted on his feet, clenching his hands. "Really?! Who, who?!" Naruto excitedly asked, turning to the Hokage. The Hokage called someone inside. In walked a scrawny-looking older man with an alcohol bottle.