Redemption

There was a shift in Naruto's chakra and Akashi watched as an orange layer, one which resembled that of a fox's head, appeared over his body. Not a moment later, Naruto jumped forward and towards Obito. "I feel power welling up inside me!" He exclaimed. "Let's go!"

Akashi felt Sasuke's grip on his hand increase and he glanced at him. He was looking at Naruto with an unusual expression on his face. Akashi could sense it... The emotions within him...

Anger?

For what? For Naruto?

"Naruto! Letting out a shout and showing off is all well and good... but don't tell me you've already forgotten... that nothing other than Sage Jutsu works on him?!" Tobirama called out to the blond. "I know you're not an idiot!"

Ah... Not an idiot?

"Tobirama, I think you're overestimating him". Akashi separated from Sasuke and walked up to stand next to Tobirama.

Naruto landed on the ground and there was a brief moment of silence, before it was broken. "That's right!" Naruto screamed out, grabbing his head in disbelief.

"I stand correct...". Akashi sighed out, shaking his head. "That idiot...". Tobirama grimaced from besides him.

"You're a bigger idiot than my elder brother!" The white-haired man yelled.

This is priceless... I'm lucky I was stuck with you and not him! Kurama started laughing.

I feel sorry for your other half... Akashi told him. But, it seems he has figured something out, hasn't he? Sage Jutsu along with your other half? That sounds like something which could actually work, huh...

Yes... It seems... What do you say? Shall we help him? Kurama offered, by which Akashi was taken aback.

Oh? What's this? You fancy my little brother all of a sudden? Should I feel protective? Akashi grinned to himself at the offended expression Kurama made.

Not in a million years, little one... Not in a million years... Kurama shook his head at his words, practically disgusted by the idea of Naruto being his Jinchuriki.

Sure, sure... But, can I activate that form again? My chakra has almost been fully replenished...

You can, just do the same thing as last time, I think you can do it without my help.

Without his help, eh?

Akashi closed his eyes.

Just focus on reaching for it...

Wait until it is close...

Then, absorb it...

His body grew warmer and he stepped forward.

There...

A moment later, he opened his eyes and instead of them being violet, they were a darkened orange. The layer of chakra spread across his body and he breathed in a deep breath.

He didn't notice it the first time, but everything felt clearer when it was activated.

Kurama, what should I call this? I don't even know what it is.

My other half seems to be calling it the 'Tailed Beast State'.

Really? That's a long name...

Then shorten it?

Kurama Mode? Fox Mode? TBS?

Please don't call it Fox Mode... It gives me shudders... TBS doesn't sound too bad...