This feeling

"Jiraiya!" Akashi yelled from atop Naruto, a look of fury on his face. "Where the hell were you?! I told you to take care of him! And what do you do?" He glanced at the woman on the man's shoulder. "A woman blinks her pretty lashes at you and you run after her!" The older man winced at his words.

"Come on, don't say that in front of all these people". He brought the woman down and leaned her on a wall. He said Itachi hypnotized her with his eyes, using her to separate Naruto and him. Akashi stood up and pulled Naruto to his feet. "So you're after Naruto, after all". Akashi turned back around and glared at the two ninja.

"No wonder Kakashi knew, you were the source". Itachi spoke up, tone flat, as if he had no actual interest in what he was doing. "It is an urgent order by our organization, Akatsuki, to take Naruto with us". Akashi stepped in front of Naruto, shielding him from their view.

"Over my dead body". Naruto tried to step out, but Akashi gripped his wrist and pushed him behind. "Stay where you are, please". Naruto stopped his struggling at Akashi's tone. His brother was always too protective over him, sometimes, it was too much. But... hearing the way he spoke now, he realized he was afraid. Afraid of losing him and being left alone.

Kisame snickered in front of them. "Oho? Well... both of you carry the Nine-Tails and we need only one, so either one is fine". The frog in front of Akashi disappeared, leaving smoke in its place.

"I can't hand Naruto over to you, or Akashi either". Jiraiya spoke up, starting right at Itachi.

"We'll see about that". He bit back, not moving a muscle.

"Very well, I will get rid of you two here". He was interrupted by Sasuke, who spoke up from behind Itachi.

"Don't interfere". He shakily stood up on his feet, body swinging from side to side. "The one who's going to kill him... is me!" He growled out. Kisame and Itachi looked back at him.

"I have no interest in you right now". Itachi simply said, making Sasuke's anger evident. The said boy dashed at him with a loud 'shut up!', but was kicked away, his punch not even reaching Itachi. His body harshly hit the wall at the end of the hallway.

"Sasuke!" Naruto yelled from behind Akashi, struggling to get past, but the redhead wouldn't budge. He also wanted to help Sasuke, but if he and Naruto just jumped in, they would be captured and there would be no way to assist Sasuke. "Move!" Akashi tightened his grip on Naruto's wrist, making him wince at the pain.

"Stop it! We can't just jump in!" He reasoned with Naruto, but he wasn't even listening to him, he was looking at where Sasuke was.

"Naruto! I told you not to interfere!" When Sasuke shouted those words, only then did Naruto stop with his struggling. Sasuke slid up the wall, barely getting to his feet. "I've told you before... I've lived up until now... for this moment... For this day!" His tone got louder and louder until he shouted the last words out, Sharingan blaring at Itachi.

He ran forward, intent on landing a hit on his brother. Akashi glanced at Itachi when he saw him shift. Pushing Naruto back, Akashi dashed forward, no longer thinking about the consequences. He thought he had managed to surprise Kisame, but the man's sword grazed his shoulder. Wincing, Akashi ignored the pain and slid next to him, jumping at the wall and pushing off.

He was hit towards Sasuke, before he could realize what happened. His body harshly collided with the younger Uchiha's and they were both sent flying at the wall at the end of the hallway. "I'm not through yet...". Sasuke whispered from next to him, his whole body shaking. "This is my battle...". He added, voice barely audible.

"Very well". Itachi agreed and Akashi placed an arm in front of Sasuke. There was no way that was going to happen, not on his watch. Sasuke raised his other hand and weakly pushed at his arm, but Akashi didn't move it away. He was going to stop this from happening at all costs.