-twelve-

.:josh:.
//tw: self harm\\

at dinner the next day, gerard and frank invited us to their dorm. we made our way there and sat with gerard and frank in silence for a bit.

"thank you," frank was the first to speak. "thank you so much tyler, if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have been able to tell gerard about it and i would be in an even worse position."

i nodded, "it's really no problem, josh and i both know how you feel." tyler said as he scratched his arm. i felt the itch as well but i didn't want to touch my scars.

"it really means a lot from you guys, and if you ever need to talk to someone gerard and i are always here."

"thank you frank, thank you gerard," i said.

||-//

tyler and i told mr armstrong how it went and he was really proud of us. tyler seemed to light up when someone said they were proud of him.

school was permanently boring and the only joy i found was spending time with tyler after dinner. we would sit and talk or read or anything for hours and i would never get sick of it.

the only other things that were really good were music and weekends.

in almost a month tyler had built up a lot of confidence around the boys at the school. in music he actually played a song for people! he didn't sing but he played a piano piece. he mainly sang for frank, gerard, ray, mikey and i. lindsey always gets so excited when he decides to play.

||-//

tomorrow was halloween, which meant it was frank's birthday and gerard, tyler and i were going to make sure he had a great birthday.

we all made cake and bought halloween chocolates when we went out the weekend before. we bought halloween themed balloons which we were keeping in our room so we could bring them in tomorrow morning.

we bought pop tarts for breakfast and when he went to sleep set up posters and signs everywhere saying "happy birthday frank!"

i was sure he was going to have a great birthday.

my alarm went off at 6am and tyler and i got the balloons and made our way downstairs to frank and gerard's dorm.

gerard was there waiting as we came down the stairs. "morning guys," he said groggily. we didn't have to be extremely quiet because frank was a heavy sleeper and could sleep through almost anything.

we spread the balloons everywhere and went outside to make sure everything was ready for breakfast.

as frank slept, we played uno quietly.

"uno," gerard whispered.

tyler placed a wild draw four. "gotcha," tyler giggled as gerard groaned as we drew four cards and changed the colour to blue.

frank groaned in his sleep. "gee," we heard him say. i looked over at gerard who was blushing a lot. frank rolled over as we hurriedly packed up the uno cards and sat on gerard's bed.

frank sat up and rubbed his eyes. he smacked his lips and looked over at us.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK!" we all screamed.

frank jumped, but his face broke into a huge smile as he saw us and the balloons. "guys!" he yelled, "you didn't have to do this!" he ran over to gerard and pulled him into a big hug. he hugged us all as we reassured him it was nothing.

we went out for breakfast. he beamed at the signs everywhere and the pop tarts.

the rest of the boys joined us and wished him a great birthday. a few of us bought him presents and opened them together.

gerard got him a pair of skeleton gloves, tyler for him a set of guitar picks and halloween stickers, i got him a ton of chocolates and a voucher for guitar repairs at the local guitar shop. a few of the other boys got him a few other things like candy and posters.

we spent the day out with frank since it was a weekend and went to the movies again. they were playing old halloween movies today so we saw the nightmare before christmas.

when we go home it was 7pm and madam norman was out for the weekend for family business and left mr armstrong in charge who said we could do whatever we wanted for frank's birthday. we all got sleeping bags and slept in the library over night.

we didn't actually sleep though. at midnight, frank pulled out a oujia board.

"who wants to summon some demons?!" frank yelled as we sat up.

"nuh uh!" patrick screamed. "no way on earth! i won't sleep for months!"

we decided to let the people who didn't want to play leave. it was just tyler, gerard, ray, pete, frank and i playing.

we stayed up until 3am playing before the rest of the boys came back and we went to sleep.