XXIV

⊱☯⊰

-''Oh, another visitor, how lovely.'' – Namjoon said in a mock tone, eyeing Tae sharply. His entire being hated them all. The fury surging through his veins fueled his magic more and more, edging it to seek the crack in the ancient magic, to slip through the runes, but it was in no avail. The runes were too strong, too perfectly intertwined for him to find the way out. He was stuck and he hates it. The only thing he could do is to not give his captors the satisfaction of seeing him suffering. So he smiled pleasantly and mocked everyone who came, waiting for the right time when he would be out. Jackson knew where he was now, his insider told him that. The contact was made and now all was left was the opportune moment.

Tae came closer to the cage, observing the locked man intensely. His blank face expression sent uncomfortable shivers down Namjoon spine, but he managed to keep his composure. He was never at ease when twins were close.

Tae's eyes ran from his to the cage, observing the runes carved in steel and the size of the thing. His voice sounded calm but detached from all emotions.

-''That doesn't seem comfortable.''- He said, nudging his head towards the cage. Namjoon squinted his eyes.

-''It's a bit of a squeeze, but I had worse. I'm fine though.'' – He said with high composure. There was the silence before Namjoon added. - ''You could always let me go you know.''

Tae hummed, returning his unnerving gaze on Namjoon. – ''You would like that now, wouldn't you?''

-''Well, of course, I would, but I don't think you are here to bargain with me.''

Tae shook his head. He didn't say anything for some moments but then spoke carefully.

-''What happened with you and Jin Hyung?''

Namjoon tilted his head, his lips spread into a grin, dimples peaking. – ''You should ask Jin about that... ah, right, I forgot...you can't...sorry.'' – He said mockingly, clicking his tongue in false sympathy.

-''No you are not.'' – Tae said matter- of- fact, his face didn't show any expression.

Namjoon grinned even more. He looked like Cheshire cat, grin completely devilish, eyes shining like fire. Tae could see his magic dancing in his eyes, deeply in control over the man. – ''No, no I'm not.'' – Namjoon said, licking at his lips, eyes squinting, as he intently observed the young man. -''Hmmm, you are not strong enough...not like your brother is.'' – Namjoon said, tilting his head on another side as if to see it better. – ''Your magic sleeps in a deep sleep.''

Tae's breath hitched in his throat and he barely croaked. -''You are wrong, mage, I don't have magic. My brother does.''

-''Oh, no...no, I'm right. There is magic in you...weaker one...but more...stable...it's grounding you to the Earth. Your brother's power is wilder, like a raging storm....hard to control. He is all over the place, he cannot tame his magic enough to focus it where it should go. He is powerful, I'll give him that, but too raw, too unrefined, too wild, but your...yours is like a steady breeze, cooling and in control. It's deep down, sleeping.'' – Namjoon said in deep thinking, like he observing some rare specimen for science. -''What's the point of having it if you not going to use it.'' - He said, almost pitifully.

-''Tell us how to wake up Hyung...please.'' – Tae said, eyes pleading, but face stern, jaw clenching. He was so conflicted with himself, with everything that's happening. One side of him wanted to hurt Namjoon, the other, however, wanted to plead with him to save his Hyung. Namjoon's response, though, sent raging fire through his body.