Chapter 17: Smart Little Cookie

Amber on the left, Andi on the right

Amber POV:

I wouldn't say me and TJ are on good terms but I think he's warming up to me, I definitely don't expect him to forgive or forget what I've done but in the end I just want my brother back. I hope he wants me back too. We're  getting closer either way which is good for the both of us. He talks to me more but he's still not fully open which is understandable but...I haven't exactly been fully open either. There's something he doesn't know which I should probably tell him but it will either make him understand why I did what I did or make him even more angry. So I've decided to stay quiet. I smiled as I looked down at my phone.

Andi🎨: Great dancing with you at the party :)

My heart raced as I thought of a reply

Amber🌸: Thanks :) too bad Jonah was there or I would've totally busted out some better moves
Andi🎨: Do you...wanna impress him still?
Amber🌸: No not at all! I just mean I'd only save them for you :)
Andi🎨: Maybe you could come over and show me some?
Amber🌸: I'm down!
Andi🎨: Come over 12? :)

My head swimming with thoughts as I read our messages over and over, my heart all fuzzy.
'Amber!' I heard TJ shout from his room.

'Yeh?!' I yelled back.

I heard moving before there was a knock on my door and he came in, 'You doing anything today?' He asked.

I scratched my head, 'Uhhh yeh I'm going to A-...a friends house, but I won't sleep over unless you're sleeping somewhere else,'

He nodded, 'If you want to I can try Cyrus or Reed?'

I patted my bed and he sat beside me, 'Have you spoken since the party?'

TJ shook his head, 'Only on text...I don't think I can call him without freaking out and I've been waiting for my bruises to go,'

Patting his back, I replied, 'I understand,'

He looked up, 'Do I look alright now? Do you think he would know?'

Holding his chin, I turned his face to examine the places where the bruises once were, 'Mmm nope, you look average.

He pretended to be hurt, 'Rude, I thought I was handsome,' he said, pulling a hand jokingly through his hair.

'Haha,' I fake laughed, pulling him into a side hug and ruffling his hair, 'Dream. On,'

'You're not so pretty yourself,' he said muffled into my shoulder.

I laughed, 'Oh yeh?' I stood up, hand on hip, 'Then make me pretty,'

He raised an eyebrow, 'Excuse me?'

I shrugged, 'Plan my outfit!'

TJ said nothing more and slid off his bed, making his way towards the white modern doors of my closet. My room was pretty nice actually, the walls were painted a light pink with a white next in front of the window and a white bed. There was fairy lights around my room with paper roses on them, clipped to pictures that were wrong around my room. I also had a white, fluffy carpet. I felt bad because mom and dad had re-decorated my room even though we were short of money and still are. They didn't do TJ's. He dug his way through my clothes before compiling an outfit together. A lace t shirt with long sleeves that went huge at the ends, a vest underneath, black jeans and my golden sandals. Before I could say how good it would look, he made his way over to my makeup/accessories station. He searched through the bags and baskets before retrieving a cute golden necklace with a 2D circle on the end; mascara and some light pink lipgloss.