Chapter 21: 4 Parent Interrogation

My favourite picture of Joshua ❤️

Wasn't planning on updating today but since Josh (Actor who plays Cyrus) came out, I wanted to dedicate this chapter to him. I'm so proud of him, I'm happy he feels comfortable enough to share that with us. I love him so much, this is for our bi king 💗💜💙

TJ POV:

I was sat in my room waiting, waiting for that little bitch to come home and explain to me how the fuck Jonah Beck knows about us. As soon as I heard the door, I rushed downstairs to face her. Amber tugged her bag straps guiltily, 'H-Hey Teej-'

'Cut the crap,' I shook my head, 'You know, I actually thought, for the first time in years that you were being supportive of me, for the first time, you actually cared,' She was avoiding my eyes, knowing what I was saying was true, 'But it turns out that you value your used boyfriend's over me!'

Tearing up, she argued, 'That's not why I told him!'

I shrugged, 'So why did you?'

There was a pause before the tears started to roll down her cheeks, 'It's...hard...watching you get hurt like this, you always say I don't care but I do TJ, it breaks me to see you like this.' She wiped them away, 'I told Jonah because I needed comfort...from someone I trust, I thought I could trust him,'

I bit my lip in anger, 'Who else have you told?'

'No one! I can't believe you'd think-'

'I don't know what to think Amber! For all I know half of Shadyside is aware!' I yelled, clenching my fists, 'Now they do after he decided to fucking tell Cyrus,'

Amber sniffed, 'Maybe it's for the best? Now Cyrus can help you-'

'Are you stupid?' I interrupted, 'Jonah. told. everyone. All those customers, they heard, Buffy and Andi, they heard, All your colleagues, they heard, Cyrus heard. This isn't only bad for me, this is bad for you too.' I lowered my voice to a whisper, 'They could take us, Amber, and if mom and dad find out about this then we, and I mean the both of us, are as good as dead.'

Amber started to cry again, 'I'm...s-sorry I just d-didn't know w-what else to d-do,'

'Not tell Jonah fucking Beck for a start,' I muttered, 'I hope you know I'm pissed,'

Cyrus POV:

When I got back to The Spoon the usual friendly atmosphere had turned bitter, people murmuring about what had just happened. My friends, well at least two of them are, were sat at a booth in solemn silence. I took the empty seat next to Andi and made direct eye contact with Jonah, 'Why would you do that?'

He shrugged, looking guilty he finally said, 'Can we...talk outside?'

I didn't want to give him the time of day, but I also didn't want to yell at him here, there was already enough tension, 'whatever,' Buffy moved so Jonah could get out and we both went outside onto the pavement, 'What is it?'

Jonah fiddled with his coat, 'I...I don't like TJ,'

I furrowed my brows, 'And I don't like you very much at the moment but I'm not going to go and scream that your family is struggling at the moment in a public place am I?'

Jonah nodded, 'I...deserve that,' there was a silence before he started what I assumed was his pathetic explanation, 'Do you remember when...when you used to be The Space Otters ultimate fan? And you would come to every game and cheer us on, cheer me on?'