The Hunt (Chapter Eighteen)

It angered Drake. How while Caine and many others were questioning Sam- he was stuck babysitting the nerd and her retarded brother.

Diana left after reading Astrid and taunting her a bit- but Drake had to remain, his only job to look intimidating.

Be the muscle behind Caine's brains.

But wait, Caine had his muscles too- so that just left Drake to be the executioner.

And here was Astrid, the brains to Sam's muscle. Drake wondered who they had to be unnecessary.

He was silent, fuming over how everything was unfair- until Astrid spoke up.

"Don't you hate being treated like an dangerous animal on a leash?" She asked, Drake slowly looking up into her eyes.

"Don't you hate having to drag the retard around on a leash?" He snapped, his fingers clenching into fists at his sides.

"My brother is not retarded." She answered evenly, not flinching or cowering at the sight of Drake.

Like Diana.

Like Ivy.

It only angered Drake more, and soon enough he was sauntering forward- setting his fists on the desk that she was sitting behind.

"Hate to break it to you, but you brother is a retard. You need to accept it, embrace it." Drake insisted, staring down at her with his eyes boring into her's. "I want you to say it. My brother is a retard."

"No." She responded, and before she could've said another word- the right side of her face was burning from the slap Drake gave.

"Say it." He insisted again, sounding completely calm.

"My-" Astrid started slowly- too slowly. Drake slapped her again.

"Come on, little nerd. Say it loud and say it proud." Drake drawled, watching her with a coldly curious look.

"M-my brother, is a re-retard." She stuttered, saying it as fast as she possibly could.

Drake couldn't help but laugh. She was so weak, so willing to crack.

Ivy wasn't like that-

I don't know that. Drake snapped at himself, bringing himself back to focusing on Astrid as he grabbed her hair, bringing her head over to the retard's head. He turned her head so her mouth was almost completely pressed against his ear, waiting patiently for her to repeat it again.

"Come on!" He practically screamed. "My brother is a..."

She was gone.

Drake's head frantically searched the room, and then he darted out into the hallway- not being able to find Astrid or Little Pete.

What the hell? Drake thought, starting a frantic search through the nearest classroom and basically trashing all of them in his wake.

A power, that had to be it. But Diana said she only around a two, how- Was it the 'tard? Drake thought as he tore through another classroom, pausing once he realized the next room was the gym.

Caine was in the gym.

Throwing that thought aside, Drake burst through the doors- glancing around wildly.

"Did she come here?" Drake asked, stepping farther into the room as she glanced from Caine to Diana to Sam- his eyes practically glowing.

Drake barely heard Diana ask who he was looking for, as he stared down at Sam and Sam stared back at him.