Chapter Seven

This past weekend had been a blast from the past. We took Duma for walks in the dog park and up the Hollywood trail. We rented out a Yacht for a night and even stayed out at sea until we had to leave the following morning with my friends. We made love, a lot. We spent the weekend getting to know each other most importantly. But I missed Kelia every second of it. To say I was excited to pick her up this morning was an understatement.

Matty and I had really rekindled this past weekend, I'd like to say. And I'm sure he would agree with me, too. Sure, we were arguing horribly before this weekend. Absolute disgusting amount of arguing. But I believe that after these past few days, we are going to be better than ever. Between the drinking, fucking, and finally talking to each other without worry that there were ears around, I'd say we were ready to move forward.

We even talked about Matty getting a job so he wasn't stuck home all day in his thoughts alone but he insisted that he stay home with Kelia until he felt he was ready. And we both came to terms that it was the best idea until he was right in the head and until he feels it's time to go back into the workforce.

I snuck into the bathroom with my purse and I locked the door behind me before grabbing a mini bottle of Tequila from a not so hidden but hidden pocket and I took a small shot of it straight from the tiny bottle. I shook my head as the awful taste spread throughout my mouth and I felt my intestines start to warm up as it swooshed its way down my torso.

I tilted my head back before finishing the bottle with the one mouthful and I had to mentally prepare myself for the burn I'm about to feel. I quickly washed my mouth out with spearmint mouthwash, I stuck a piece of mint gum in my mouth, and I made my way to the kitchen.

I guess I've grown to like alcohol very much, because it didn't burn as bad as I thought it would.

"Hey babe, you ready to go?" Matty greeted me at the open wooden arch in my living room and he wrapped his hands around my waist with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, I actually asked Ricky and Garrett to drive us today. Maybe we could stop at the park or something?" I wrapped my hands around his muscular neck and pecked my lips to his while smiling.

"You sure? I could drive for us."

"The press is all over me so I have to take them everywhere with us, and I want to go out with my daughter and her handsome father. Is there a problem with that?" I smirked at him.

He leaned his head back with a smile on his face, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too. You ready?" I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Garrett:
We're out front.

"Yeah, can we bring Duma?" he quickly kissed me and walked into the living room.

I felt my phone vibrate again as I followed Matty into the living room.

Garrett:
Ricky said bring chips!! He's calling code red. Hahahahaha

Me:
God! Him and his chips🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Be out in a sec just grabbing Duma!

"Yeah, I don't see a problem with that." Matty walked back into the room with his hand in his pocket. "I'm just going to grab the keys then we can head out." He walked towards the kitchen with Duma on her leash.

"Babe, can you grab the chips?" I shouted into the kitchen.

"For Ricky?" he shouted back to me.

"Duh, who else would they be for?" I couldn't help but laugh. He's only been home for such a short period of time but he knows just about everything there is to know about my surrounding characters.