Chapter Nineteen

"Good evening everyone, and thank you for joining us live. Tonight we decided to surprise you with a special guest who has traveled very far from home, and arrived today to start helping us rebuild our community. Give it up for your very own, Kiera Johnson."

"Hi everyone." I talked into the microphone.

"Hi, Kiera. How are you doing on this fine evening? I trust you had a smooth ride over here?" Jahre asked into the microphone in his hand before pointing it towards me

"It was slow and long, but a smooth flight. We wanted to get our things set up where we are staying so we could get here on time. There's a lot of shipments coming in within the next few days."

"You're a hard working woman, I respect that."

"Thank you, I try my hardest." I was flattered.

"I wish we could have had your fiancé here with us, that would have been a show to tune in on."

"I know, but he's working and helping set up the supplies so we can get started right away. Unfortunately I'll barely have anymore time for interviews like this once we get started."

"Yes, I am a huge fan." He said happily in his deep accent, "I have to ask though, and I understand you and Matty are together and are happily engaged. But many of your fans including myself wonder if there was anything there between Luka and you? And before you get upset, we haven't seen much news on you. Last we heard, Luka and you were getting snug before Matty came back."

I wanted to avoid that topic of conversation. But I knew the topic would come up, just not as soon as we started the interview. I thought he would want to ask me about my adventure here and what I have in store for them.

"Luka had modeled a Calvin Klein his and hers campaign with me two years ago in Hawaii, and it was fun—so much fun. I knew he had felt something more for me than just a friend, and he didn't try to hide it at all. It was flattering. But he knew what happened with Matty, and he respected that."

"So you guys were good friends before the Hawaii kiss exchange?" he didn't beat around the bush slowly at all.

"I'd say so, we hung out outside of the campaign a couple times before and after with our mutual friends like Ken, Zen, and Hails."

"Continue on with the story, I can tell it was getting good." He chuckled into the microphone.

This is live air, guess I have to make the best of it.

"Luka was such a neutral person, he isn't your type of person you'd want to consider a best friend. Sure, he's sometimes, but barely, ever funny and he's fun to watch Netflix or Hulu with because he is so quiet and focused. But he's so laid back and passive aggressive—and brutally honest all at the same time. But what makes him so great? He is so inspirational that he knows his way with the perfect words, and knows how to make someone happy when they are feeling down. I needed that, I needed a best friend like that. And, although Maria will always be my best friend, he's also earned that title. With that being said, the night was young and Kelia was sleeping in the Air BnB, and the sun was just setting. One conversation led to another and we got caught up in the moment."

"So, you guys did feel something?" he was so interested and intrigued.

"Not really, at least I can speak for myself. I knew I wasn't ready to move on from Matty, and when he showed up at my doorstep I felt sick to my stomach. Once the announcement was made by the press and family members, people started to spread rumors rapidly throughout my comments, on everything I posted in the past with hate and how much of a mistake I had made choosing Matty. Only, I never knew there was another choice, and I actually take the time at night to read the comments to give feedback to my fans—to let them know I am paying attention to what they think of me and how important they are to me because you are all so important to me."