Chapter Thirty Four

Kiera's POV:

"Kiera!" I heard Matty's voice shouting from behind me. "Shut the fucking cameras off," He ordered Nick and Jose who were behind the cameras and we all held the same scared worried looks on our faces.

"Matty? What are you doing here?" I turned around to see him stomping towards me.

"Grab your stuff." He walked onto the set without even asking permission and he grabbed me by the arm. "We're leaving."

I ripped my arm away from him and stopped him from dragging me by my arm, "What the hell is it you think you're doing here?" I whisper shouted at him.

He looked around us to see everyone listening in on our conversation, taking notice of every single person's pale face.

"Matty," I lowered my eyes and I dug my fingernails into the palm of my hands, "What is going on?"

"I'll explain on our way to the office when we don't have ears listening in on our business," He said loud enough for everyone to hear and they all began stumbling out of the room tripping over each other. "We don't have time for questions right now."

The room was now empty with only Matty, Selena, and myself present on the entire set, "You're going to tell me and you're going to tell me now. Is Kelia okay?"

I could tell by the look on his face when I asked the single question, that something in fact was wrong. She was hurt. I could feel it in my soul just based on how he lost all color to his face and looked to be sick. Something is wrong with my baby girl and I haven't had a clue. Wouldn't a mother know if something was wrong with her daughter or that she's hurt? A mother would know. Right?

I've been so focused on work and the pregnancy that I had no idea anything was wrong. I thought all was well in our lives and everything was perfect.

"Kelia...she's...did you set the alarm when you left this morning?" he yelled out.

Did I...did I set the alarm this morning? Of course, I did. I always set the alarm. There are crazy people out here and my job doesn't make it any easier. I first hand dealt with a stalker. I was almost raped by him when I was only seven months pregnant. I was physically assaulted when I was seven months pregnant.

"What's going on?" a shield of tears started to cover a thick layer over my eyes and my chest started to race in a panic, "Why do you ask?"

"Kelia's missing, Kiera." He mumbled under his breath, "She's missing." His voice cracked at each and every word.

I could feel the blood leave my face and fall to my knees. My stomach churned upside down and I felt woozy instantly. This has to be some sick joke. My knees gave out and Matty caught me before I could actually start falling to the ground, "Wha—how?" I barely spoke out.

What the fuck do I do? I just...I just can't think right now. I can't focus. My head feels like a cannonball ready to explode.

"I-I-I I don't know. I was asleep..." He said lightly dragging me towards Selena for support.

My life is over. I couldn't protect Kelia when she was in my uterus where it's supposed to be the safest place she'll ever be. And I couldn't protect her from whatever has happened today. I'm a failure as a mother. And I'm a failure as an influencer. I paid too much attention to everything else and not enough attention to my daughter.

"Kiera, honey, look at me." Selena grabbed me by my chin and forced me to look into her eyes. "Breathe in," I didn't want to do as she said, but I did while Matty held me in his arms, "Good, hold it for a few more seconds." She's motioned her hand in circles breathing in and out with me, "And breathe out."