Chapter Eight

Five months ago I started filming for my first major role in a movie. I was sought out and given a once in a lifetime opportunity and everything seemed to be going smoothly in my work life.

Five months later and we're almost finished with production. I've made some great press in the light of all this. I worked my ass off to perfect Devyn. I used my past trauma to make myself cry. I used the memory of Kelia to do the funniest scenes.

The point is I worked my ass off and now that we're at the end of production, I find myself wanting to do more. It keeps me busy both at work and at home.

In my own personal opinion, I haven't been relying on alcohol as much because of how concerned I was with the movies perfection. I've cut the amount of marijuana I've been using in half.

"Cut!" Ryan called through the megaphone. "What happened to you two? We need sexy and funny, not undesirable and boring!"

"Can we take five?" I took a deep breath in to relax my mind from all the negativity Luka was giving off and exhaled to let it all out.

"It's the last scene, Kiera. Do you really need the five?" he screamed through the megaphone, again.

"No, not unless you want the shredded wall of my uterus that my body is cleaning out of me to get all over the outfit." I said with the biggest but fakest smile ever.

I was lying. I needed a break from Luka and his bad energy. Ever since that weekend with Matty, I have been trying to stay positive, even when I'm feeling negative. Kind of like acting, really. But all the time.

Matty and my fans were ready to forgive me for something that was neither confirmed nor denied if it was even me. But Luka, well...he wasn't ready to forgive me for whatever stupid reason he had to not forgive me.

I don't really care anymore at this point. All we've got to do this stupid cheesy sex scene and we are done with each other, he won't ever have to see me again.

But it's hard when someone's aura is taking over the entire set. I understand his anger. I know I fucked up when I blamed him instead of doing my own investigating. Who else could've been to blame though? He was the only one who knew.

"Uh, yeah go ahead and take five." He said awkwardly with a fake smile, "But when you guys come back you better be better." He said in his normal voice away from the megaphone.

"Gotcha, Sergeant." Luka answered sarcastically, saluting and walking away from set.

Nice, he can joke with captain dickhead but not with his supposedly 'best friend'.

I began walking away from the set and into my dressing room where I had my own personal bathroom and a small lounge area. I needed to relax for a few minutes, take my mind off of things before I go back out there and be with mister mood killer.

I grabbed a bottle of the Rose Armand De Brignac Ace Of Spades sparkling champagne that was sent to me in one of the many baskets I always received and I poured myself a full wine glass of the pink liquid.

"Screw you mister mood killer." I said as I plopped myself on the pink cushioned body chair and covered my eyes with my arms.

"Mister mood killer? Is that what you think of me?" I heard a familiar voice from across the room. A voice I just got away from.

I sat up quickly on the backless sofa seat and crossed my legs neatly trying to make myself look good enough to look relaxed.

No, not sexual.

Couldn't be me.

"I—uh, I was talking about Ryan." I panicked.

"Relax, I just came in to check on you. I haven't received any of your normal minor rants in the past few weeks." He shut the door and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. His dreads were put up in a high ponytail and his crew neck sat low on his chest.