Chapter Twelve

I had my mind elsewhere during the movie premier. People laughed. Pictures were taken on the red carpet. Between my friends congratulating me, the fans and the press trying to talk to me, I hadn't given much thought to my parents coming over tonight.

I was dreading having my parents stay at Matty's and my first real home. And I was probably dreading the situation more than I should be, but I'm nervous with what they might think. Ever since I told them I was I was pregnant at fifteen years old, they always looked down on me and they still do to this day when Kelia and I would visit for a weekend.

They just think they got better at hiding it. But they haven't. I see through it all. All the masks they have hidden in their closets and the punishments that'll haunt them for the rest of their life. I see through it all. They're miserable for what they did to me growing up and now they're trying to make up for it.

"Hi, Kiera! Can I have a minute to ask you a few questions?" a younger reporter with a microphone and her cameraman approached me while I was standing around with a group of my friends and Matty.

"Of course," I turned away from her and to my girls, "I'll be right back."

"Thank you so much for giving us your time, my name is Kate Rivera and I have my own personal blog on YouTube. Everyone who watches my channel knows you're my idol and that I'm your number one fan. I was just wondering if I could quickly interview you for my channel?" she held the microphone towards me as she finished speaking.

She was young, probably sixteen or seventeen years old. She had a pixie cut hairstyle with rose gold hair and she had honey brown eyes that shined from all of the cameras that were flashing on us. She wore a plaid pink and white long sleeve button up with a white tee shirt underneath and high waisted black shorts. I have to admit, she's got style.

"Of course, I don't mind. How many subscribers do you have?" I got into my interview character.

"I'm at nine hundred and sixty six thousand, I know this interview will send my views off the charts. I freaking love you, dude." She started getting excited. "We have an entire fan base just for you, with myself being president of The Kitty community."

"Well I'm happy to help you out as long as it's a good video." I joked with her. "I didn't even know you guys had a name for yourselves." It was so cute.

"It's the ship name we've voted for out of the seven. I put a poll on Twitter and Kitty won with 102.7 thousand votes." She paused to finally take a big deep breath in and exhaled slowly and heavily. "Okay. I asked some of my subscribers to ask some questions they'd like me to relay to you along with some of my own."

"Lay it on me."

"Okay, this is my first question. How did you get discovered?"

"Well, it was my first day back to school after spring break of senior year and I was in a coffee shop with my best friend, Maria. We were in line behind my manager, Jackie, and we overheard her in front of us fire someone over the phone. It was actually kind of like a movie itself, she turned around, eyed me down and actually asked me if I was ever interested in modeling and it just took off from there."

"What do you have to say to Jackie and your fans?" she held the microphone towards me.

"Honestly? You never get to live a day over again, if you see an opportunity that can bring you happiness jump on it no matter the age. I wanted to be a doctor when I was in high school, and now I'm a model and movie actress because of Jackie and my truest fans. My main motivation was my boyfriend and daughter, and I used that as my power up. If you find the right motivation and put your mind to it, you can achieve just about anything. No matter the type of environment you grow up in, you should never stop trying."