Chapter Ten

I heard a knock at the gate to the backyard and I knew exactly who it was.

I skipped my way over to the gate and unlocked it before opening it and Joe Sabia had his small camera in his hands pointed directly at me. I'm happy I decided to wear my white romper suit with a gold belt buckle, it was cute but laid back at the same time. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard but I wanted to look like I tried enough.

"Hi, Joe." I greeted him with a nice smile and I went back to the small garden I had started working on because I knew he was here.

"Hey, Kiera, how are you on this fine afternoon?" he smiled with the camera still pointing at me.

"I'm good, thank you for coming. I've been so excited thinking about doing this." I said perkily.

"We're ready to get started whenever you are." He smiled at me then glanced at the camera screen. "We've been super excited to sit down and talk with you."

"Awesome, lets get started." I continued watering my vegetation that is only a few inches tall. I only started growing them Tuesday and it's already Friday. "I've been thinking about this consistently since I was told about it."

He smiled lightly while chuckling under his breath. "Okay, question one. Is it true that you have your first-ever Vogue photoshoot tomorrow at three?"

"True."

"Are you excited?"

"Super." I finished watering the plants and I hung the hose back up with Joe following me.

"I hear you just moved into this place yesterday, is that true?" he smirked at me as we walked through my garden.

"Yes, it was actually a spur of the moment kind of thing." I giggled, "Would you like to go inside and take a look around?"

"I would love to, sure." We started walking towards the back door that lead into the living room and I shut the door behind him. "What's your favorite part of the house?"

"Um," I had to think about it for a second, "Probably the media room or the study room."

"Do you study a lot?"

"I actually finished in the top ten of my class, so I do study and read a lot. Would you like some fresh lemonade? They were grown in my backyard."

This is so freaking exciting, I'm being the nicest and smiling as much as I can for my fans. I have to get this right. I can't mess this up. This is my entire future in one interview.

"I would love some, thank you." He sat down on the white sectional couch in my living room and I walked into the kitchen behind us to grab the cold pitcher of fresh lemonade, "Do you grow your own food on a regular or just starting?"

"I've always liked eating healthy, but I want to start growing my own. I don't know, maybe donate it to the ones in need. I've started a little garden in the small greenhouse in the back."

"That's great. Who do you look up to the most?"

Most people say their mother or father, but I guess I can't say so.

"My daughter." I grabbed the fresh lemonade and poured it into a cup filled with fresh-cut lemons and ice.

"Why?"

"I do what I do for her and she inspires me to wake up on the days that aren't so bright." I walked into the living room with two glasses filled with lemonade.

"Who did you look up to when you were a child?"

"Selena Gomez or Michelle Obama."

"What do you find yourself doing a lot these days?"