Chapter Twenty

I woke up to one of our phones going off on the bed and I couldn't help but groan as I grabbed to answer it. We had barely got any sleep due to staying out till midnight distributing food, water, and blankets to everyone. We were all exhausted.

I picked my head up as little as possible to glance at the screen and it was an unknown number on Matty's phone.

"It's yours." I tossed it onto him as I moved back into his embrace with his arms wrapped around my neck.

"Who is it?" he moaned in annoyance, "Who the hell could be calling at five in the morning?"

I shrugged as I tried to fall back asleep.

"Hello?" Matty answered the phone.

"Good morning, sir." Matty moved his arm from underneath my head and shot up straight. He suddenly jerked around on the bed and sounded alert.

"Yes, I'm checking my emails now and I'll get up to date." He sounded so professional—so sexy.

"I'll call you when I get something." He hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" I fluffed my pillow and rolled over onto my side.

"They have a case in Fort Lauderdale and need me to do some stuff for them." He rubbed his eyes with one hand with the other hand resting on my hip.

"Your first case!" I quietly screeched forcing myself to fight sleep, "Congratulations!"

"Yeah, it's five in the morning and we barely got any sleep." He chuckled. "I was hoping to get more than four hours."

"It's a good life, isn't it?" I propped myself up on my hands beside him with my head rested on his shoulder.

He started scrolling and tapping on his phone, "Mhm, the best."

"Does this mean you aren't going to be able to help out today? We were planning on drawing up the blueprints and I wanted your input." I stuck my bottom lip out.

"Luckily they gave me everything I need to have my own wireless internet wherever my laptop goes so I can help a bit when I'm not working." He looked away from his phone and our eyes met, "But, when I am working I'll have to step away—you know...confidentiality."

"Of course, as long as you put a bit of input in." I sound awful trying to steal him away but I am a female and I don't have a clue about any of that stuff. That's a man's job. The masculinity allows them to understand it just like war and guns.

"Did they say how long it was going to take until we start the clean up?"

"They said it could take a day or two, depends on how motivated we are. It's still pretty muddy out there, we want to get it as clean as we can before we start anything."

"I can't believe I'm in South Africa helping my famous fiancé rebuild an entire village." He chuckled, rubbing my shoulder and embracing my body into his.

"Well, not an entire village," I gloated from my happiness, "But yeah, kinda."

"You're so perfect, I really was blessed with you." He said softly while smiling at me. "Happiness looks really good on you."

"I can't wait to marry you." I kissed his bare shoulder slowly.

"And I, you." He kissed my forehead before going back to reading his phone.

I started massaging his shoulders as I positioned myself behind him on my knees, "I wish we didn't have to wait. I wish we could just elope."

"Yeah? Why don't we?" he cracked his neck while he continued reading and I massaged him. He rolled his neck as I helped dog the kinks out with my magic hands.