Hi

I sit down on the plane and buckle up. With my ukulele above me in the storage compartment, my suitcase in the belly of the plane and my book bag under the seat in front of me, I was ready to go. I put my headphones on as we take off.  I rub my hands together nervously. My mom was sitting in the back of the plane because we couldn't get seats next to each other.

"You nervous about flying?" The boy next to me asks.

"No, I'm going to meet my cousin." I say looking at him. "What the fu-"

"Jack Avery, your cousin. Nice to meet you." He sticks his hand out.

"H-how? When?" I say taking his hand and shaking it.

"Last night, I wanted to surprise you." He says. My eyes are wide and my mouth is open. "You might want to close your mouth. Your gonna catch a fly." He says pushing my jaw up and closed.

"I'm sorry, but this is insane." I shake my head. "I think I'm dreaming."

"It's not a dream." He reassures me.

"Yep. Not a dream!" Someone's says. I look around and see the person in the window seat. Zach Herron. I narrow my eyes with confusion and look between the two of them. "Zach Herron. Jack's best friend." He puts his hand out. I shake it.

"I'm Alyssa, but you can call me Allie." I say pulling away confused.

"Can we get a picture?" Jack asks me.

"Wha- yes. Sure." I say. Jack pulls his phone out and hands it to Zach. He takes a picture of the two of us, with Jacks arm around me shoulder. I'm still really fucking confused.

"Can we take a selfie? Of all three of us?" Zach says.

"Sure." I say. Zach flips the phone around and takes a selfie.

"So, tell me about yourself." Jack says taking his phone back from Zach.

"I'm 17 years old, a girl, I was born in May 19th, I've played the violin for 14 years, played the ukulele for 4 years, I write music, I love writing, my favorite colors are blue and purple, my sister lives in a different state and I'm single." I say in one big breath.

"Wait, go back." Jack says.

"I'm single? I have been since I was 15." I laugh.

"No go back again." He says.

"My sister lives in a different state? That's a very long and complicated story, which I would need more than an hour to explain."

"No, go back more."

"My favorite colors?"

"Go back again."

"I'm a singer song writer?" I question.

"Yeah! That!" Jack says. "How long?"

"A long time, since I was 14." I say.

"Damn, you must be pretty good then." Zach comments.

"Eh, I'm okay." I shrug.

"Hm, when we get to my house you'll have to play for us." Jack says.

"Us?" I question.

"Me, Zach, Daniel, Jonah and Corbyn. The boys and I." Jack says and my breath hitches.

"Don't be worried. We don't bite." Zach smiles at me.