A Week

It's been a week since I've come to LA to meet my cousin. My mom went back home yesterday, since she has work. I'm still staying with the boys, in Jack and Zach's room. I haven't heard from my mom is a while, but I'm guessing she's just busy with work.

Today, Jack is taking me to meet his parents. We are hoping to find out the mystery as to how we are related.

_______

We get in the car and head to his parents house. I bounce my knee nervously and Jack laughs.

"Are you nervous?"

"A little." I say.

"They're gonna love you." He says reassuringly. "Now I feel like I'm introducing them to my girlfriend. But your not my girlfriend."

We both laugh and turn the radio up. After a while of driving we pull up to the drive way. We get out of the car and head to the door. He knocks on the door and moments later we are met with his mom.

"Jack!" She says pulling him into a hug.

"Hi mom." He laughs. She looks at me. "You must be my niece!"

"Hi." I say. She pulls me into a hug.

"Welcome to the family." She says patting my back. Jack stifles a laugh as he heads inside. She takes us to the living room.

"Where is Dad and the others?" Jack questions sitting down.

"He took them out." She says sitting across from where me and Jack sat.

"Mrs. Stanford, how are we related?" I say continuing my thought from e

"Has your mother not told you?" She questions. I shake my head no. "Oh dear, I'm sorry."

"Mom?" Jack questions.

"Well, um." She says clearly trying to stall for time. "Maybe we should re-visit this another time after I've talked with your mother, Alyssa."

"Why?" I question becoming concerned.

"Because." She says.

"Mom, we came here today to find out the truth." Jack says. I take a sip of my water.

"Your not cousins. Your brother and sister." She says plainly. I choke on my water and spit it out.