Excuse Me?

I cough for a bit and Jack pats my back. I don't know why people do that. It doesn't help. Once I can breathe again the first words out of my mouth are:

"Excuse me?" I say holding my chest.

"You and Jack are brother and sister." She repeats.

"How?" Jack says equally confused.

"Not long after I had you, Jack. I met Tim while your father was on a business trip." She started.

"OH MY GOD!" I scream putting two and two together. Jack's eyes go wide.

"AS IN JONAH'S DAD?" Jack screams. She nods and continues.

"I found out I was pregnant with you, Alyssa. I didn't know what to do. Your father was going to be out of town for just enough time for me to be pregnant and give birth. So when I had you, I gave you up for adoption." She said. My jaw dropped.

"Did you tell dad?" Jack asks standing up.

"I did. I apologized over and over again. He then told me we would have figured out a way to keep you and everything would have been okay." She says. "Giving you away was the biggest mistake of my life."

I don't know what to say. I bolt out the door.

"ALYSSA!" I hear Kristin yell after me.

"ALLIE! WAIT UP!" I hear Jack yell after me as well. But I can hear his foot steps behind me. I keep running at a speed I didn't know I could run. "SLOW DOWN!"

I keep running. After a moment or two I look behind me. He's not far, but far enough I can slow down a bit. I see Jack. I hear a car horn. I see the sun. I see nothing.