Blankets, Clothes, and Selfies

AU

-Fighting over blankets in bed.

Sam woke up absolutely FREEZING. And it was no wonder why- it was under 20 degrees outside, the heat in their house was shit, he only slept in a pair of flannel pajama pants, and GABRIEL HAD STOLEN ALL THE FUCKING BLANKETS AGAIN.

His little shit of a boyfriend was wrapped up in a cocoon of fuzzy blankets, sleeping soundly with a smile. A smile that looked extremely like a shit eating grin that told Sam Gabe knew exactly what he was doing, sleeping or not. 

Gabriel ALWAYS stole the blankets. Winter, Summer, it didn't matter. He insisted that it was because he was small- he had less body heat than Sam did, and he needed the warmth of the blankets more. Sam had fallen for that one too many times. But when it was the dead of winter, and the moose was freezing, Sam really didn't give a crap about Gabriel's body heat argument. He got out of the bed and grabbed the end of the blanket. Gabe was a deep sleeper, so he didn't even stir as Sam grabbed the blanket. But then Sam pulled the blanket, sending Gabriel into a spiral that ended with him landing flat on his face on the floor with a yelp. 

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" He cried from the floor. Sam ignored him, climbed back in bed, and covered himself with the blankets. Gabriel glared at him, and Sam glared right back. "You know, if you wore proper pajamas, you probably wouldn't get so cold." He objected. Sam's bitchface intensified, and Gabe crossed his arms. It was difficult, though, to take Gabriel seriously when he was wearing pajamas with pancakes on them.

"If YOU didn't steal all the blankets, I definitely would NOT get cold," He shot back.

"We've been over this. I'm smaller, so-"

"BULLSHIT," Gabriel glared.

"Can I at least get SOME of the blankets back?"

"No. You can't be trusted." 

"So you'll just let me freeze? That's nice." Sam studied him for a moment, and then lifted the blankets with a sigh.

"Come on," Gabriel's eyes lit up and he crawled under the covers, lying right on top of Sam like he was a second mattress. "You're ridiculous."

"I know. Good night."

"Good night, Gabriel."

****

-Taking Selfies

Sam was really, REALLY trying to focus on his work. He had a ton of it to do, and none of it was getting done. Probably because of Gabriel.

It was always because of Gabriel.

His boyfriend had recently gotten a new phone (his old one having been smashed after Gabriel accidentally threw it across the room while performing an off key rendition of "Show me your hands" From the Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals), and Gabe was obsessed with taking new pictures, because according to him, new phones needed new pictures. 

So Sam was forced to struggle to work at the same time Gabriel kept snapping pictures of him.

"Aren't there other things you can take pictures of?" He finally demanded. "We have a dog. Dogs make great pictures!"

"I already have dog pictures," Gabe whined. "And besides, there's nothing else I want to take pictures of. I only keep what I love." Sam snatched the phone from him and scrolled through the gallery.

"This is nothing but pictures of us and the dog."

"Like I said, I keep what I love." Gabriel grinned. "We should take a selfie." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Fine. ONE picture." 

"YES!" So Gabe climbed into his favorite seat, which happened to be Sam's lap, and Sam propped his chin on Gabe's head before snapping a picture of them. 

"There. Now can you leave me to work in peace?"

"No, it came out blurry!" Gabe said. "One more."

One more turned into hundreds, naturally. Sam eventually gave in, until they filled Gabe's photos with pictures of them in all sorts of ridiculous poses. Dusk faces, silly faces, awkward poses, bunny ears and moose antlers, mad faces, kisses, pouty faces, all kinds of smiles, laughing, everything you can think of. Eventually a notification popped up, informing Gabe that his phone was out of storage.

"How many selfies did we take?" Sam questioned.

"Thousands," Gabriel confirmed. "Too bad, I liked taking them."

"Well....." Sam slowly raised his own phone, and Gabe grinned.

*****

-Borrowing each other's clothes

Dean, being the kind of brother he is, has a habit of walking into Sam and Gabriel's house at any random time. Sam and Gabe don't care because hey, it's Dean, who cares, but occasionally it leads to an awkward encounter.

Today, for instance, Dean got hungry, went to Sam's house, and promptly started raiding their fridge. He was halfway done with a sandwich when Gabriel stumbled into the kitchen and froze. Dean stopped too, both of them staring at each other.

For Gabriel was dressed in nothing but a pair of boxers and one of Sam's T-shirts. His hair was ruffled, and Dean swore there was a hickey on Gabe's neck, even if the shirt half hid it.

"Heeeeyyyyy," Gabe said awkwardly, walking over to the fridge and acting like this was totally normal. He started drinking juice straight out of the container while Dean tried his best to force all disturbing images out of his brain. "So, how was your night?"

"Fine," Dean said. "How was yours?" Gabriel gave him a shit eating grin and waggled his eyebrows.

"Why don't you ask your brother? He certainly had fun." He winked and Dean threw his hands in the air and marched out of the kitchen.

"NOPE!" He declared, leaving the house entirely. "NOPE, I'M DONE." Gabriel's laughter echoed through the house.