Truth or Truth

Castiel Novak may not have been a party animal like most of his friends, but he knew how to throw a great party. There were just subtle, calmer differences to his parties. They weren't like Jo Harvelle's, where everybody got wasted at the bar and hooked up in back rooms, nor were they like Winchester bashes where alcohol was there but everybody was too busy dancing and having a great time to get really drunk. 

The only main difference between a Winchester party and a Castiel Novak one was that rather than playing a raunchy game of Seven Minutes in Heaven, Spin the Bottle, Slap or Kiss, or Dare or Dare, you played Never Have I Ever or, more commonly, a round of Truth or Truth.

Only Cas's closest friends ever came to his parties, so he used the game as an opportunity to learn more about them, and it always ended up being pretty fun.

It was past midnight now, and Cas, Dean, Sam, Gabriel, Jo, and Charlie were passing around the last bottle of Dead Rabbit Whiskey while a game of Truth or Truth raged on.

"Alright Dean," Jo grinned. "Truth or TRUTH?"

"Hmmmmm," Dean paused, pondering his options. "Well I'm gonna take a risk here Harvelle, and say.... Truth."

"Is it true you've slept with Lisa Braeden before?" Jo asked, taking a swig of the whiskey. "Before you started dating Cas, of course." Everyone else wrinkled their faces in disgust, but Dean only chuckled.

"Slept with her?" He echoed, grabbing the whiskey. "I've got her virginity." He grinned smugly and drank.

"EWWWW," Sam declared, covering his ears.

"It's not the only V card you're holding," Cas commented, smirking. 

"EWWWWWWWWW!!!" Sam and Gabriel said, covering their ears while Charlie cackled with laughter.

"Alright.....Gabriel!" Dean offered. "Truth or Truth?"

"Truth," Gabe said, smirking.

"What is your biggest fear?" Gabriel paused, frowning in thought. Sam looked at him eagerly. He and Gabe had been dating for a while, had been best friends for way longer, and yet they had never really talked about their fears before.

"Umm......" Gabriel rubbed at his neck awkwardly. "Spiders." 

"Really?" Sam raised an eyebrow. "That's it?"

"If we're talking rational fears, then yeah." He nodded. "Irrationally, it would be a bounce house collapsing on me." He shivered at the thought and Sam frowned.

He was lying.

Sam wasn't sure if the others had caught it, but he'd spent enough time around Gabriel to know when he wasn't telling the truth. But they were all friends here, so why would be lie? The only person that Sam could see teasing him for a fear would be Dean, but if it was a legitimate fear then even he'd back off. 

Weird.

"Queen Charles!" Gabriel bellowed. "Truth or Truth?"

"Truth!" Charlie shouted.

"Is it true you got a drunken tattoo at a con?"

"No!"

"Yes it is, I've seen it," Jo objected. "It's beautifully done- Princess Leia in-"

The game continued, but Sam only half paid attention, wondering what Gabriel was hiding.

It was near 4 am when they all finally crashed. Dean and Cas disappeared to Cas's room, Charlie and Jo passed out of the couch, and Sam and Gabriel headed to Gabe's room.

"Hey Gabe?" Sam asked, as his boyfriend rubbed at his eyes and they climbed into bed.

"Yes, darling Sammich?" He replied with a grin.

"How come you lied during truth or truth?" The grin faded into a frown and Gabriel tilted his head.

"What do you mean?"

"When Dean asked you what your worst fear was, you said it was spiders, but you were lying."

"No I wasn't." Sam raised his eyebrows.

"Gabe, I've been involved in enough of your pranks to know when you're lying, and besides, spiders? Really? I've watched you kill a dozen bugs because either me or your mom was too afraid to. I don't buy a fear of spiders." 

"Alright, you got me, I lied." Gabriel sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Sam tiled his head. "But what is it?"

"What's what?"

"What's your biggest fear?" Gabriel paused, toying with the end of his shirt and not meeting Sam's eye.

"...You," He finally admitted. Sam blinked in surprise. He had expected a lot of different things Gabriel might have as fears but not.... Not this.

"Me?" He echoed, a little afraid, ashamed, and confused.

"Well, not like YOU," Gabriel went on. "It's just- It's complicated." He rubbed his neck. "I'm scared that one day you'll look in the mirror and see yourself as I see you. You will realize just how amazing you are and that you deserve better than me...I'm terrified that you'll leave." He looked down and Sam stared at him, shocked.

Did Gabriel really think that little of himself? That Sam thought he'd just leave without a second thought?

Sam grabbed Gabe's hand, making him look up at him.

"I'm not gonna leave," He promised. "Not when I've already got the person I love most." 

"Promise?" Gabe asked, smiling slightly.

"Promise."