OTP Questions

AU

-Who worries about what they will look like when they're older?

Gabriel by a long shot. Day after day he will poke and prod at himself in the mirror, wondering about his every look. Sometimes Sam likes to joke with him and pretends to see a gray hair or something, only to watch Gabe freak out about it and beat him with a pillow when he finds out it was a joke. As far as looks go, Gabriel is far more interested. Sam just worries he'll go bald.

-Who hogs the blanket?

Also Gabriel. For a small person, he tries to control as much of the bed as possible. Sam's used to curling up into a ball in the corner by now, because Gabe just sprawls out as much as he can, steals all the blankets (and sometimes the pillows) and just takes over. EXCEPT in winter, because he gets cold easily. Winter is the only time where Sam gets to keep his blankets, not that he needs them because Gabe just physically sleeps on top of him for body warmth and comfort. But in any other season? Gabriel calls dibs on the blankets. Sam's just gotten used to wearing more layered pajamas to make up for the lack of blankets.

-Who eats the other's uneaten pizza crusts?

Sam. He may be a health nut whereas Gabriel is the god of junk food, but something like pizza is one of the occasions where Gabriel will share. He thinks the crusts are flavorless, so Sam steals and eats them all. Gabe might eat the actual pizza while Sam sticks to salad, but the moose always puts his rabbit food aside when it comes to pizza crusts. 

-Who is more like to cry over a sad book or movie?

Sam. Definitely Sam. Occasionally something will get to Gabe too (because come on, who DIDN'T cry while watching Hachi) but Sam is the one who breaks down. He once forced Gabriel to help him hold a week long vigil for all the Harry Potter characters who died. Gabe has a secret stash of tissues ready for whenever Sam runs up to him, sobbing over another dead character or a bad ending, and Gabriel is always happy to comfort him. 

-Who talks smack while playing video games?

Both of them. Sam rarely swears, but growing up with Dean has given him the vocabulary of a sailor when it comes to video games. Sometimes the rant he goes on after losing forces Gabriel to stop playing and just stare at his boyfriend in awe. But Gabriel's just as bad. He throws out all the insults to your mother and then some. Putting the two of them together in a Mario Kart battle to the death is unleashing every swear in the book. It's amazing the insults they come up with when riled up. 

-Who sings along with the radio?

Gabriel. After so many years of listening to Dean, Sam has vowed never to sing along to the radio if he can help it, but there are a few songs that he can't help but scream the lyrics too with Gabe (like Heat of the Moment and Bohemian Rhapsody, because you can't avoid it). But Gabriel is the one who will dance in his seat and belt out the lyrics to a Gwen Stefani song while Sam grins and shakes his head in the driver's seat. Dean's singing was always annoying, but there's something about Gabriel's singing that Sam can't resist. It probably has something to do with how happy Gabe looks when he starts dancing in his seat, or the huge laughing smile he gives him when he catches Sam watching. 

-Who would enter them both in a talent show?

Gabriel, without a second thought. Sam has to physically retrain him from signing them up for all of them, despite the fact that they don't have any talents worth showing. The one time Gabe got them in a show, they ended up singing a duet of Heat of the Moment. Sam only found out last minute and awkwardly said the words, terrified of the crowd, while Gabriel shouted them in an outfit worthy of Elton John. Sam has refused to perform anywhere ever since.

-Who would accidentally set the kitchen on fire while cooking?

Again, Gabriel. Sam's the chef of the pair, and he's got the experience. Gabe, on the other hand, barely knows the difference between the toaster and the microwave. He's set the kitchen on fire more times than Sam can count, to the point where they tell people that the char marks on the cabinets are a fancy decoration. He's literally burned boiled water, and somehow set a baloney sandwich on fire (Sam's still not sure how). Gabriel is only allowed to cook under adult supervision now, and Sam keeps the most flammable ingredients on the top shelf, where he knows Gabe can never reach them.

-Who would throw the other into a pool?

Both are equally possible. Gabriel sees every pool as potential to throw Sam in and get a full view of his boyfriend's entry to the wet T-shirt competition, but it's difficult to shove a moose like Sam in the pool. Half the time, Sam fights against him and ends up tossing Gabe in like he weighs less than a pound. Some days the moose is just too strong. And other times, Gabriel drags Sam in with him as he falls in the pool, or he succeeds in shoving him in, and they both get a good laugh and splash water at each other. They have fun.

-Who shops for groceries?

Sam. Last time he let Gabriel try, he came back with every type of candy the store sold, and none of the groceries they needed. Sam is the more responsible of the pair, and therefore the better one to go out and shop for what they need. He knows the bargains, the right brands, and the proper amount of candy Gabriel should have (which, to Gabriel's dismay, is not all of it). But responsible as he is, Sam is banned from their local Stop n Shop since the day he punched out the person who tried to take the last box of Mac n Cheese before him. Sabriel takes their Mac n Cheese very seriously.

-Who kills the spiders?

Sam, usually. But if the spider is big enough that it startles the moose, then they call Dean or Cas to come and kill it. The boys are not good with bugs, but Gabriel is worst with them. The small creatures terrify him, and usually, upon seeing one, he tends to leap into Sam's arms so that way the bugs can't get to him. Gabriel believes that the spiders stand no chance against a moose like Sam, and he's right. 

-Who is the morning/night person?

Sam is the morning person. He'll wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning, go for a run, shower, make breakfast, and probably do three other chores by the time he forces Gabe to get up. Gabriel is the night owl, and his morning usually starts at noon. He stays up late into the night with his various jobs and hobbies (sometimes all night, if Sam's up for it). He only survives mornings with strong coffee and Sam's ability to not be obnoxious. If sleepy Gabriel were approached by anybody else in the morning, chances are they'd be stabbed. 

-Who proposes?

Sam. Gabriel is always the one who jokes about it, and makes all the fake proposals, but he doesn't have the nerve to actually ask because he doesn't think he deserves someone as good as Sam. It took him awhile, but eventually Sam worked up the courage and asked him. The answer was yes, obviously, and they are the kind to have an elopement kind of wedding. The proposal is sweet and thought out, in true Sam style, but honestly, Sam could've asked Gabe while they were both in the middle of a dumpster, and Gabriel still would've said yes. Gabriel is the one who buys the rings, though. He finds special ones that are perfect for the two of them, and gives Sam his in a rare, tender moment where he actually acts serious for once. To this day, Sam still thinks that the minute Gabriel gave him the ring is better than the minute Gabe said yes to his proposal.