Mosh Pit Eyeliner

Dean and Gabriel did not get along.

If this is news to anyone, you clearly have not been paying attention, because Dean and Gabriel pretty much hate each other. This fact is disappointing to Cas and Sam, seeing as they both want their brothers to get along with their boyfriends, but they've both just accepted at this point that it isn't going to happen. 

Incidentally, Sam and Cas get along great, but Dean and Gabe have banned them from hanging out together, because it unleashes a sort of chaos the world can't handle. Dean says they're bad influences on each other and have to be kept apart, whereas Gabriel thinks they should hang out more. That way he can study them and figure out how to make Sam that chaotic and spontaneous all the time.

It's not gonna happen. Gabriel grounds Sam and makes him more mature, seeing as one of them has to be the adult in their relationship. But when he and Cas hang out, all bets are off. Sam, ever the thinker, is pretty sure he's figured out the reason why Dean and Gabe hate each other so much. 

It's cause they're exactly alike.

Gabriel loves sweet things and sex and frisky women and romance.

Dean loves pie and junk food and sex and frisky women and chick flik worthy romance.

The reason they hate each other, despite being nearly identical, is because Gabriel continues to act like a child whereas Dean tries his best to be a responsible adult. Is he good at that? Debatable. Either way, they both get equally excited over rainbow slinkies, but Dean represses those feelings while Gabriel embraces them.

If Sam had majored in psychology, he would have made a study of the two of them, maybe even sat them down and explained the reasons they fight so often. Maybe his work would have turned them into the best of friends, and Thanksgiving dinners would be drama free for the rest of time. 

But Sam had majored in law, so Gabriel and Dean were currently at each other's throats while Sam and Cas sat on a couch, boredly watching them fight.

The fight was completely stupid, but Sam knew better than to get involved. All that had happened was that Gabriel had gotten tickets to a concert, and the band's concerts were known for their mosh pits. Mosh pits could be a bit suffocating and dangerous at times, yes, but they were also super fun, so in Gabriel's opinion, it had been worth the risk to go.

So he and Sam had. The band did more screaming than singing, but they had had fun jumping and dancing around, screaming along to the band as best as they could. And then, at some point, somebody had flung out their arm a little too harshly, and Sam had accidentally gotten punched in the face. He was fine, but the hit had left a nasty bruise on his face.

And, naturally, Dean had exploded when he saw it.

And so Gabriel and Dean were fighting.

"YOU'RE SO IRRESPONSIBLE-" Dean was yelling.

"QUIT ACTING LIKE I'M SOME CHILD-" Gabriel shot back. 

"I WILL WHEN YOU STOP ACTING LIKE ONE AND ADMIT THAT YOU MESSED UP-"

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! ACCIDENTS HAPPEN! I CAN'T CONTROL THE FUCKING UNIVERSE-"

"YEAH BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO SOME STUPID EMO CONCERT THAT YOU KNEW WAS GONNA TURN INTO A FISTFIGHT-"

"IT WAS A MOSH PIT! PEOPLE GET PUNCHED AT MOSH PITS ALL THE TIME! IT'S PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!"

"IF YOU THINK GETTING PUNCHED IS FUN, THEN YOU'RE EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT-"

"YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON!"

"AND YOU'RE A GROWN MAN WHO WEARS EYELINER!"

"IT MAKES MY EYES LOOK GOOD!"

"It does," Sam said quietly.

"STAY OUTTA THIS, SAMMY!"

"DON'T TALK TO HIM LIKE THAT!"

"I CAN-"

"Dean looks good in eyeliner too," Cas said. He sighed at the thought. "I wish he'd wear it more."

"You should wear some for him," Sam suggested. "Maybe then he'll understand why mosh pits are worth it."

"Did you seriously just agree to go to a most pit concert because you knew Gabriel would wear eyeliner to it?" Sam stared at him.

"Did you seriously encourage Dean to be a mechanic just cause you like seeing him covered in car grease?" Cas looked away.

"Touche."