Chapter Three: Party in the Woods

Deciding not to go back to my house...I just walk back roads to Jaxx's house. It's the weekend...it's Saturday.

    Jaxx's house resides on the corner of this small neighborhood by this small creek that's flooded with running water from the heavy rain. The house is fairly large with stairs that lead up to Jaxx's bedroom. I've been there plenty of times. Her parents love exotic places. All they do is go on vacation after vacation and leave Jaxx behind. That could explain why Jaxx just does what she wants.

    No one is there to control her.

    I'm not sure what my relationship is with her. We sneak around, and she does things that she should NOT be doing. She's pretty, I suppose. She got long wavy red hair with pale skin and pretty blue eyes. Her attire is always something showing off her cleavage or her curves. 

    Honestly, I don't care what we are. If she called it off right now...I wouldn't care. I can live without her. She can be really mean sometimes when she's around her friends. I don't know why I keep coming around...I guess it's because I don't really have any real friends. 

    Instead of knocking on the door, I just climb the tree that's conveniently outside Jaxx's two-story window.

    Without me knocking, the window opens immediately, and Jaxx smiles at me broadly. “Hey, Rem.”

    “Did you see me coming?” I ask her in surprise as she steps aside so I can climb inside.

    “Yeah, I did,” she tells me with a smile as I step inside her messy room. Clothes lie everywhere, and her zebra-print bed is a mess. On the floor in front of the white dresser is Jaxx's best friend named Nia, and she's more of a slut than Jaxx is.

    At least Jaxx doesn't have a boyfriend...Nia has been through more guys than her own clothes, and her boyfriend thinks she's this perfect, loyal girlfriend that would never do anything like that.

    How about you ask the whole goddamn football team about her.

    “What's going on here?” I ask Jaxx as I look over at her.

    “Anything you want...we're not doing anything,” Nia says with a smile as she stands up.

    “Hey, Garry says there's going to be a party in some woods somewhere tonight. So if you want to meet up at his trailer...if you want to go...” I tell her slowly.

    “Hell yeah, I'll go. Definitely,” Jaxx says with a smile. “But it'll be wet...so...”

    “I don't know where it will be. I'm pretty sure Garry has it planned so who cares? It's a party. Free alcohol...and whatever else will be there.”

    “Can I go?” Nia asks.

    I hesitate to answer...but I shrug and just roll my eyes. “Sure. Whatever,” I tell her before looking back at Jaxx. “Hey...you don't happen to know anyone that owns a black SUV, do you?” I ask her with a frown.

    “Uh...no. I don't think so,” Jaxx says with a frown. “Aren't you excited for the party?”

    “I'm just going to get away from my house. It'll just be the same cliché shit you see in all parties. Immoral kids practicing premarital sex, doing drugs, and just doing stupid things. I'll probably hang out in the back and just watch or something,” I say through narrow eyes.

    That's what I normally do. Once in elementary, the teacher wondered why I wasn't playing with the other kids because I was just sitting on the bench...watching. I wasn't really laughing or feeling jealous because I wasn't playing with them...I just didn't want to play with them. I was content with watching them. I told the teacher this, too. Then I overheard her the next day while she was speaking to the school psychiatrist that she's worried about my antisocial thing I had going on. Then she compared me to a snake.