49.

I left the bathroom first, looking out the door to check no one would see me. I went back to catering to finish off my roast dinner, sitting besides Kyle.

'Where did you go?' He mumbled through a mouth full of potatoes.

'Toilet.' I shrugged. That wasn't a lie. I had been to the toilet. But I'd also had sex with Lily while I was in there. I was glad I'd managed to talk her round. I had enjoyed last night so much and it was all I could think about all day. Part of me thought I'd only dreamt it. If it wasn't for the bite mark by my ear or the finger nail scratches on my back, I wouldn't have believed it. She probably didn't realize what all this meant to me. Though I had shrugged it off as a bit of fun, it was more than that. If I could make her fall back in love with me, if I could prove how sorry I was...

I went onto my phone and clicked away, searching for a certain website.

'Hey.' Lily sat beside me with a plate of food. I put my phone away as fast as I could, catching Kyles eye. He seemed to be staring between Lily and I.

'What?' She snapped.

'Nothing. Sorry.' He finished the rest of his dinner with his eyes down. He knew. I knew he knew. How could he not? I needed to speak to him and warn him to keep his mouth shut.

Show done. Another amazing crowd in another amazing venue. We were now half way through. It seemed fitting that we all go out and celebrated.

'We're all going out for a meal and a few beers. Fancy it?' Woody asked Lily after we'd fought our way through some fans and onto the bus.

'Nah, thanks though. Gonna catch up on some work.' We tried to convince her to come for a little while but when she pointed at the folder full of papers, tickets, receipts and lanyards that all needed checking off, confirming and sorting out. Sometimes I felt like we got it easy. All we had to do was turn up and play. And probably get paid a hell of a lot more than she did.

'Please don't go crazy guys. I want you all back before two. We leave here at nine, with or without you.'

She waved us off, after double checking we all had phones with full batteries and that we knew the exact address the bus was parked at. I hung back for a moment upstairs, feigning that I needed to find my phone. I grabbed her and gave her a long kiss. 'Go.' She giggled and pushed me away.