Chapter twenty-nine

(Grayson's brother is shown above)

Grayson's POV
I jumped real hard grabbing the chair as i realized that it was just a bad dream. Carlos was still there, Ari had left me a note on the table. "I'm going to get food brb". I looked over to my son and let out a sigh. "Wake up for me please" Grayson said rubbing his face. I walked out to find a vending machine when i heard beeping. I pinched myself this time to make sure it wasn't a dream. And i was fully awake. "Hey buddy" Grayson said rushing over to Carlos.

"Where am I" Carlos said. I got a little nervous, like my dream was going to repeat itself. "You're at the hospital Carlos" Grayson said. "Daddy am i safe. That man can't get to me again right." Carlos said freaking out. This pissed me off but i had to be calm. "No, you're safe i got you" Grayson said. "Why weren't you there when he shot me daddy. You said you would always protect me" Carlos said crying.

It pained me to not have been there when he needed me. I was out doing my own thing instead of watching my son. "I'm sorry buddy please forgive me" Grayson said hugging his son. Nurses walked in and told me he was doing fine and that he would have to stay two days before release. I was fine with it. Ari walked in and sat the food down as fast as she could when she saw Carlos awake.

She ran over to him and hugged him tightly. She kissed him so much i felt jealous lol. "MOMMY" Carlos screamed in excitement. It was honestly cute. My phone rung and i stepped out to answer it. "Hello" Grayson said. "He's awake. That's nice" Lamar said. "How tf-" Gray began. "Look man when i find you it's on". "See you soon" Lamar said.

Lauren's POV
I hated being here. This isn't where i'm suppose to be. Maybe if i would have stayed with Grayson things wouldn't have ended up like this. And regardless this isn't the place i want MY baby around. "Lamar let me go" Lauren said. "Baby you going to leave soon as i get my 2 mill" Lamar said blowing smoke. "From who" Lauren said. "Grayson sweetheart. Ring a bell" Lamar said as he turned towards me.

"Why you bring him into all this. I thought this was between you and Nipsey" Lauren said. "Oh it is, but you like Grayson. I can feel it." Lamar said laughing. "No i don't" Lauren said. "You don't have to lie to me, we both know the truth" Lamar said walking over to me. All you could hear was the buzzing of that old light and his boots hit the floor. He got all in my face and had the nerve to kiss me.

He then walked out like it was no problem. I heard a knock on the door and stopped. A guy walked in and put his finger to his mouth. "Shhhh i'm here to get you. Don't worry i'm with Grayson. Matter of fact i'm his brother" some guy said. I didn't know who to trust but at this point i want to leave.