Chapter twenty-four

Grayson POV
It was around 9am and Alexis was laying beside me. She was sleep. I decided to make breakfast. I knew how to cook. Not from Lauren, just from watching Food network and other things (lol). I had went grocery shopping the other day so I had everything I needed. I scrambled eggs, made bacon, and pancakes.

Had a little fruit bowl as well. "So you know how to cook" Alexis said. "I do" Grayson said walking towards her after putting a plate on the table. I wrapped my arms around her and she cuffed my face. "I don't know about you Gray, but I wanna see where this goes" Alexis said. "I'll give it a shot" Grayson said laughing. We sat down and ate. She just smiled the entire time.

Lauren's POV
  "What is it baby" Nipsey said. "What if I told you I'm pregnant" Lauren said smiling. "You serious" Nipsey said smiling. "Imma be a father" Nipsey said getting up and shouting it to the whole world. I just laughed. This man, my husband, was about to make the best father. Gray was a close second. We were on our way home and out of the blue I got a call.

  "Tell ya husband to be he fucked up" a mans voice said. Nipsey seen that I looked scared and grabbed the phone. "Who tf is this" He said. "Nathan, you already knew you fucked up at the drop site" the voice continued. "Listen—I" Nipsey started to say but the phone hung up. "Baby where you wanna go" Nipsey said grabbing her hand. "What you mean" Lauren said. "Pick a place" Nip said. "Costa Rica" Lauren said. "Well we gone" Nipsey said.

Alexis POV
We were just sitting on the couch chilling when the door bell rang. Gray got up to get it but I stepped in front. It was some girl but it wasn't the one I seen him with. "Oh hey baby boy, you done got a new girl" Ari said. "Calm down Ari" Gray said. Who this lady think she is. "Excuse me" Alexis said speaking up. "Girl don't try to raise your voice, this was mine once before I'll take it again" Ari said. "Ari what is your problem" Grayson said.

"WHAT IS MY PROBLEM.....I CALLED YOU, I TEXTED YOU MULTIPLE TIMES TELLING YOU OUR SON WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND I SEE YOU LAID UP WITH THIS HOE" Ari said getting frustrated. "HE IS WHERE" Grayson said. I ran to my room put on some clothes and rushed out with my  keys. "Ari come on we ain't got all day let's go" Grayson said motioning for her to come on. "Grayson....he's in surgery" Ari said.

"He might not make it" Ari said crying walking over to him. I just hugged her. The mother of my child was hurting. My son was in the hospital. And there was nothing I could do. I ran to my truck and helped Ari in. Alexis got in the back seat. I understood Ari's frustration. I was flying threw traffic and finally arrived. "Where is Carlos, where is my son" Grayson screamed.

"He this way sir" a nurse said. She walked me to a hall and showed me my son hooked up to all these machines and shit. I was pissed off. "Why is he here" Grayson said falling to his knees crying. "Someone shot him Gray" Ari said crying. "WHO, WHO SHOT MY SON" Grayson said repeating with anger. "Gang members" Ari said. "They left a blue bandana on the front porch" Ari said. "Nipsey fucking Hussle" Grayson said.

"Maybe it wasn't him Gray" Alexis said. "Oh, it's not... I SLEPT WITH LAUREN" Grayson said punching a wall. "I almost got my son killed" Grayson said. I looked at my son walked over and kissed his forehead. "Imma get em buddy don't worry, stay strong for me" Grayson said holding his sons hand and letting tears flow like a waterfall.