👗👠16👠👗

"Here's your food" the lady comes back, sitting our food down in front of us. "And call if either of you need something" she smiles then goes over to another table.

"Want some" I push my plate over a bit.

"Lacto-Vegetarian" he wiggles one of his cheese sticks at me before dipping it into ranch.

"I wish you told me sooner.." I dip my chicken into ranch and stare at it. "Next time I won't order any meat if it makes you uncomfortable" I bite it.

His head shoots up, looking at me with bright eyes. I looked at home with a confused look. I finish my first chicken strip with two left to go and him still staring at me with stars in his eyes.

"What?" I ask as I dip another strip.

"You said next time" he looks down at his plate still smiling.

I open my mouth to protest before I remember I actually did say next time. I shove the strip into my mouth and start chewing.

—————

"He keeps my underwear as some sort of prize, blackmailing me. Then has the nerve to ask me to come by. As if I'd come over again. Aries probably would've gotten my dad and our big sister and I don't have time for that. Danielle would've just told Aries since she spending the night with us this weekend.." my face heat up once I realize how long I've been babbling about myself. "Sorry" I turn away from his gaze.

"I told you that you could talk to me, don't feel sorry about it" he chuckles.

"..You're weird ya know" I say staring at the melted ice cream on my hand.

"How so?"

"You follow me into the bathroom reassuring that I can talk to you about anything. You walk and talk with me for hours as if we've know each other for years. You hadn't mentioned me wearing girl's clothing not once since I got here" I pick up the end of my skirt a little then let it fall back down.

"Why would I say something about it? It's what your comfortable with wearing. It suits you better than the monotone clothes you ware in school anyways" he smiles up at the sky.

"T-thanks" I clear my throat fanning myself a little. "You didn't have to walk me back ya know" I turn to him.

"Yea but I wouldn't want to leave you to walk home alone. Besides my grandma lives right up the street so it's cool" he starts eating the cone of his ice cream.

"This is actually my friend's place I live around the corner" I point somewhere near my house as if either of us could see it from here.

"Do you walk to school? Because if you do I can drive you i-if you want" he says that last part quickly.

"Dad dives me and my sisters actually. He thought it'd be a good idea to move out here because he didn't want my sisters and I to be made fun of for having two dads even though we don't care" I shrug.

"Well next time I just to happen to stroll down here...maybe I could uhhh pick you up and we go eat again..or maybe go to a park?" he asks looking at the house to avoid eye contact with me.

"Yea maybe" He looks at me trying to hold back his smile. "I'll see you whenever" I open the door, which I'm surprised was left unlocked after I left earlier.

"Text me" he shoots me with finger guns as he backs up onto the side walk.

I roll my eyes shaking my head as I close the door and lock it behind myself. I peak out the window, watching him walk in the direction of where he said his grandma lives. I walk into the kitchen to see Mrs. Addison in the middle of cooking, Mrs. Violet standing behind her with her head on her shoulder and her arms wrapped around her waist.