👗👠28👠👗

I walk down the street alongside Danielle as she goes on rambling on about something. She started when her mom first picked us up and has been talking every since. I hadn't really been listening to her like a friend should. Even if what she's talking about was why frogs won't let her touch them. Many things on my mind have pulled me away from the moment right now. The kiss I shared with Jasper. The fact that I hadn't texted or called like I promised. Which is a complete dick move on my part. We get off of suspension in three school days so I have to call him before then or it's gonna be awkward at school.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Ohio, it's Jasper" Danielle starts shaking me violently, pulling me out of my thoughts.

She pulls us behind these big bushes in front of a café. She frantically points through the window on the café and sure enough there Jasper is. From what I can see he's sitting at a table with a mug in front of him and a smile on his face. A grin grows on my face as I step out, about to tell Danielle we don't have to watch him, until I notice who he's with.

Henry and Freddy.

The three sat there laughing. Like buddies. Like Henry didn't attempt to rape me not to long ago. Like we didn't beat their asses in front of Jasper on school grounds. The three seem so peachy like this past three months never happen.

"...Ohio their probably just.." Danielle starts but she can't even come up with an excuse herself.

I grab her hand and pull her across the street to a bookstore across the street from the cafe. We stand in the window, hiding behind some books. I pull out my phone and begin typing in my password.

"What are you doing?" Danielle whispers as she peaks through the books.

"Calling the police" I tell her as I open my contacts.

"Oh my gosh, Ohio no!" She whisper yells at me.

"I'm kidding now shush" I hit her arm before hitting the call button. "I'm calling Jasper" I say as I stare at it ringing.

"But he hasn't done anything suspicious. Not that we know of anyways. He probably just came here to settle things with Henry. Or Henry probably called him out here to settle things and you'd be calling him to accuse him of what?" She whispers to me.

"You're right.." just as I go to hang up he answers the phone. I pull Danielle close to me and put the phone between our ears, "H-hey Jasper!"

"Hey, is everything okay? You never called me and you sound like you're whispering right now" he laughs awkwardly. "Do you need anything? I can come and get you, we can spend the day together" he says in a worried tone causing Henry and Freddy to furrow their eyebrows at him.

"Aww-" Danielle hits my shoulders to keep me from getting off topic. "No! Especially not if you're out with someone.. are you... out with someone?"

"Yea just-" he pauses for a second as a fourth person from their group suddenly comes to the table with some sandwiches. "Out with some friends" he says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh.. do I know these friends" I ask.

"Well-" he turns to a see the waiter carrying over multiple mugs, every one of them threatening to crash into the floor. "I'll call you later, love you" he says before hanging up then helping bring the mugs back to his table.

"Why didn't he say he was with Henry and Freddy?" Danielle whispers angrily. "I think we should go over there and give him a piece of our minds" she points at him through the books. "Right Ohio? ...Ohio why are you smiling like that" she pulls at my sleeve.

"He..." I say breathlessly.

"He...?" She repeats with a look of confusion on her face.

"He said he loves me!" I squeal before Danielle quickly covers my mouth and drags me out of the store. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I stare at him as she pulls me down the street.

"What about him being out with Freddy and Henry?" She points to the two of them through the window.

"There's someone else with them too, I'll just talk to him about it later" and with that I write it off.

—————

"So what's all the way up in the mountains that you wanted to see so badly?" Jasper asks me, swinging our hands.

I lead us over to the railing, over looking the town and the moon rising. It sound stupid but the town thought the moon rising would be a prettier sight than the setting sun. And they didn't want us staring at the sun I guess. I asked Jasper to pick me up around 7 if he wasn't still busy but he probably ditched his friends way earlier. Now we're here watching the colors fade from the sky.

"Okay Jasper" I turn to see he's already been staring at me. I avert my eyes and continue with what i was going to say, "I was supposed to be going shopping with Danielle today but she saw you with Henry and Freddy and thought it was suspicious but not at the same time. I called you without thinking and before i could hang up you answered and-" I start coughing after saying all that so quickly, without taking a breath.

"O-Ohio I'm sorr-"

I put my hand over his mouth and take in another deep breath, "I'm not talking about that right now. You told me you love me. It made me so happy I could have died there with no regrets. I mean of course I'm still mad because you were out with Henry but I'm sure you had a good explanation for it- and with all that aside I just wanted to-" I start coughing again.

"Breathe baby breathe" he says as he lightly pats my back.

My coughing only gets worse, leading to me throwing up right at our feet. Jasper backs up a little too late, throw up still getting on his shoes. He sighs and starts rubbing my back as I wipe my mouth.

"This is the absolute last time I eat the food Danielle cooks for me" I back up from the spot then look at Jasper, whose trying to hold back his laughter. "I love you" I blurt out causing him to freeze.

I glance down at the dirt then back up to him with a soft smile. He pulls me up from my hunched position by my face and smashes his lips into mine. I quickly pull away and wipe his lips with my thumb.

"I just threw up, don't kiss me" I laugh as I wipe my thumb on my shorts. "I don't want you tasting that!"

"I'd kiss you even if you had hamburger residue on your lips" he quickly kisses me again.

I love this boy.