X

Draco

After Maria left, I watched Kayla shut the front door and look back at me. Her fingers twirled around one another nervously.

"C'mere," I called for her.

She walked into the living room sitting across from me.

For a good second all we did was stare at each other and blink.

Then out of nowhere we burst into laugher.

"Mane, yo ass almost fooled the fuck outta me," I said while fist bumping her across the table. "For a minute, I really thought yo ass was pregant."

Kayla threw her head back and giggled. "I didn't think I had it in me," she started, "I was so nervous when I had said that and I'm not even the type to lie."

See, she wasn't good at lying alone, but when we together it just seemed to work out.

"How did you feel?" She asked while getting up and pacing the room.

"About?"

"About how Maria said you're nothing like Ramses? I know that had to soften you up a bit. I just don't understand how you see your mom the way you do."

I laughed a bit to myself. The fact that I've been waiting for years for her to say that is crazy. And the worst part is, when she said it I didn't feel any different.

Now, I know whenever I have the chance to tell someone something, I'll let them know then and there. The time distance does maks a difference.

I shook my head looking down at my watch. It was around 7 PM and we were both already a hour late for meeting up with Tray and Trina.

I still didn't trust the fact that she was meeting with Trina since the last time I saw her she was fucked over. All on her scheming shit, and I felt like she had something planned.

As for Tray, we had to do everything as planned. No phones, no weapons, no other people, and no leaving without a winner.

I thought this seemed like a fair fight since none of us had any advantage.

"Put the rest of your stuff in the car," I said while getting up and walking into the room.

Half of our items were already gone and stuffed in the backseat.

"Why can't you just get it for me." Her eyes were focused deeply onto her phone.

I snatched her phone, placing it in pocket. "Get that ass to work."

                             ● ● ●
                               🔱
                           Kayla

When we sat in the car it was pretty quiet. Rihanna, Love on the brain, played and I found myself humming along to it.

Must be love on the brain
That's got me feeling this way (feeling this way)
It beats me black and blue but it fucks me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain yeah
And it keeps cursing my name (cursing my name)
No matter what I do, I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain

"Damn," Draco said while turning the radio down. "Ian know I was on your brain like that girl."

He looked at me and smilled as a snaked my neck at him.

"You're not even all that to be turning my song down like that.

"That's my song too fuck you mean." He stopped at a red light. "must be drugs on my brain, that's got me feeling this wayy. It fucks me and it it's true while it drains me real good but I can't get enoughhhh. Must be drugs on my BRAIINN," he sung.