Ch. 1 "Why Must it Come to This?" - The First Trial Part 1

We walked into the trial room and were all shocked to find the room decorated to look very similar to one of the court.

Monokuma: Welcome to at least one of your funerals! Before we begin with the class trial, I'll ask each of the students to stand in their particular spot. You may find your spot with your name on the your podium.

Everyone suddenly started to look for their podiums. After searching for five minutes, I found my podium next to Kazutaka, who was to my left.

Kazutaka: Don't get any ideas, you murderer!

Ari: Oh c'mon!

Monokuma: Now then, let's begin with a simple description of the class trial! Your votes will decide the outcome of this trial. If you can uncover the guilty party, then only they will receive punishment. However, if an innocent bystander is falsely chosen, then I have no choice to punish everyone besides the blackened. Then, the killer will graduate from the Ultimate Despair Academy!

Shun: So the killer is one of the remaining fifteen, correct?

Monokuma: Of course! Who else could it possibly be?

Akihiko: Thank you, Monokuma, for refreshing everyone on the rules of the class trial.

Ayano: Before we begin with the trial, I have one quick question.
What is with the empty podium?

Monokuma: Well, I feel awful if I let Daniella be left out just because she passed

That reminds me, I cannot lose this trial. Not only for myself, but for Daniella as well.

Kogo: Moving on, I'm sure we are all quite certain of who the perpetrator is.

Mikio: Agreed. This trial shouldn't take too long.

Hisato: Now, I know you all would love to easily point fingers at Ari. However, I believe we should focus on how the crime was committed more so than who did it.

Nia: Why should we do that? Wouldn't we be wasting our time?

Fioren: I agree with Hisato. If we are too hasty, this may be our last living moments.

Yorua: S-so where should we begin?

Anabella: Maybe we should begin how Daniella was killed?

~Nonstop Debate~

Teshi: So we know that Daniella died in the hallway.

Yuuto: But how was the girl killed?

Nia: Who cares? There isn't even any evidence suggesting how she died.