Ch. 3 "Greed is a Gateway to Hell" - Free Time Event (Akihiko)

I was in my bedroom alone. I was not really in the mood to eat food after traumatic incident. I wasn't sure that I would be a delight to hang out with. I would rather be in solitude, so I could mourn Fioren. Fioren in her last moments wanted Nia to know how she cared about Nia.

*Knocking*

I need to answer the door in the event there is an emergency.

I went to the door and saw the Ultimate Poet standing there with a serious expression.

Akihiko: Hello Ari.

Ari: Uhh... hi. What's happening? Is something wrong?

Akihiko: No, nothing at this moment. However, I have a request.

Ari: Akihiko, I would, except I am really not in the mood. If it was another time, I would, but with the incident and the event tonight, I...

Akihiko: So you're just going to give up because someone died?

Ari: I'm not giving up; I'm just giving myself time to rest before trying to continue.

Akihiko: Ari, I see potential in you. If you really respect these people, you should continue faster  so that more people survive.

Ari: Okay, that makes sense.

I wiped away my tears from my cheeks. I let Akihiko lead the way and followed him to the library on the second floor.

Ari: So... what are you planning to do with me here?

Akihiko: We are going to investigate the library.

Ari: What makes you suspect the library?

Akihiko: This room and the computer lab are the most suspicious rooms so far that might lead to the mastermind.

Ari: Interesting; so are we going to investigate both today?

Akihiko: I'm going to give you some free time before the game event, so for now, we will just investigate this room.

Ari: Okay, sounds good.

Akihiko: For now, we will just pick up random books and notify each other if anything is found that is related to this situation.

The first book I picked up was about this religious camp that turned its participants into crazy, psychopathic killers. Not really too useful to discovering the one behind this killing game.

The next one discussed animatronics rising from the ground to kill and torment children. The animatronics were made by the protagonist's father, who tried to run away from his crimes. Again, no luck in discovering the mastermind.

Akihiko: Have you discovered anything yet?

Ari: Not a single thing. What about you?

Akihiko: I would have notified you if I did.

I can't tell if he is trying to back talk me, but it doesn't matter because once we escape I can choose not to hang out with him.

The third book I choose discussed a situation close to ours. In this situation, 20 people are brought together, from all ages, to play in a death game. The 20 have to go through trials and kill at least 2 people through every trial. Interesting to what we are dealing with, but still not related.

Akihiko: I think that ends it for today.

Ari: Did you find anything?

Akihiko: Not really.

Ari: Same here.

Akihiko: I guess you are free to leave now if you wish.

Ari: Before I leave, I would like to ask of you a request.

Akihiko: You may ask the request, but whether I accept or deny is undetermined.

Ari: I request you to tell me your birthday, and in return I'll tell you mine.

Akihiko: A foolish request, but I'll accept.

Ari: So tell me, when is the birthday of Akihiko?

Akihiko: Mine is December 31st. And yours?

Ari: I was born on November 26th.

Akihiko: Good to know. Now may I leave?

Ari: Sure.

We both left the library. Akihiko went in his direction, and I made my way back to the dorm. I guess Akihiko and I grew a little closer together by cooperating to find hints on the mastermind.