Chapter 10-Team Bonding Time

Danny

I sit on the sofa at around ten that morning with my guitar writing a third song for our next album. I'm on a writing streak when I am disrupted by two yawning gimps shuffling into the living room.

Mark's eyes widen and he gasps, "Quick get your camera Glen it's the rare sight of a Daniel awake and out of bed before noon!"

"Ha-ha..." I mutter "Very funny."

"What gives Dan?" Glen asks. "You are never up this early."

"Yes, well, I slept well last night. Must've got at least five hours in, probably six."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Mark says with a grin. "That's pretty damn good Danny."

He comes over to me and pats me on the back.

I usually don't get but three or four hours of decent sleep at the most. I am constantly on the run or having nightmares about her leaving me. How I manage to function, I haven't got a clue.

"How'd you accomplish that? Take five sleeping pills?" Glen asks, heading into the kitchen and preparing a nice cup of tea. "That why you're not hung-over this morning?"

"No. Actually I just fell asleep. I was beat. Finally let the fatigue take me over. Sleep fights hangovers mate." I tell him.

Glen rolls his eyes, "Bullshit, you just got lucky."

I laugh slightly.

"I actually do feel like shit Glen. I should've eaten your toast."

"Hell yeah you should've." he says. "You want me to make you more?"

"That'd be great." I say even though I'm not really hungry and Glen's toast is really bland.

Mark studies me as Glen asks me if I'm sure.

I try to act as honest as I can with Mark's lie detector eyeballs scanning me like a sheet of paper.

"Yea, I'm sure." I say.

"He doesn't want your damn cardboard toast Glen." Mark says.

Glen looks at me, as if he's asking, is the senseless, bald man right?

"Sorry mate, you should stick to tea." I say with a grimace.

Glen sighs and opens the freezer pulling out some processed, frozen English muffins our agent had the hotel stock in our room.

"How about this shit? You want me to heat you one up?"

"Sure." I say.

"Throw one in there for me too while you're at it," Marks says.

"Make your own damn muffin." Glen says grumpily.

"Fine, go on and baby Danny but not me, I don't mind."

They're usually not crabby in the mornings. They're the morning people. I'm usually the one with the attitude before noon, but not today...

Glen sighs, and I see him shove a few extra muffins in the microwave. He pushes the buttons and it starts to hum.

"I'm not babying him." he mutters.

Mark ignores him and looks to me as he searches for the TV remote witch I hid.

"No nightmares?" he asks.

They normally constantly have to counsel me in the morning after my nightmares have taken a major toll on my mental health.

"No," I say. "I did dream of her though."

Mark nods, though I can tell he has more to say.

"So what are you working on?" he asks instead, sitting down next to me, "That new song?"