Chapter 15-The Corner

Bryna

I sit in Quinn's car that she thankfully left unlocked with my head up against the cold window, hoping to god that Danny didn't follow me out here.

I shiver slightly at the cool air in the car.

I don't know what I was thinking coming here with Quinn. I panicked when I saw Danny. I just didn't want to hear what he had to say. And I especially didn't want Quinn to hear it.

A while later I see Quinn bounding over to the car. She gets in with a shiver and starts it quickly.

She doesn't pull out though; instead she looks over at me. I can feel her eyes burning a whole right through me.

"So, is there something you need to tell me?" she asks.

I shake my head.

She doesn't push it.

"Danny says he doesn't remember having sex with me..." she says miserably.

I raise my eyebrows in shock even though I knew it all along.

"He was drunk." she says getting a little choked up.

I turn and sigh as she falls into my lap. I awkwardly stroke her head with the hand that she is not sprawled out over.

"I just thought he loved me, you know. He didn't seem very drunk at all. Just a bit tipsy,"

"Some people are just good at masking that sort of thing." I tell her. Danny always was good at hiding it.

She breaks down into tears.

"I'm sorry." I tell her, mainly because I don't know what else to say.

"I really liked him."

"I know you did." I say.

She cries for a while and I try to comfort her, but I feel a few silent tears running down my face as well.
I quickly wipe them off and just in time too, because she randomly pops up and decides she's okay.

She wipes her eyes and takes a deep breath before pulling out into the long line of cars trying to leave.

We sit there for the longest time before pulling out and onto the main road.

She drives back to my house and just as she pulls up my phone starts to ring.

It's Danny. I quickly click decline but he calls again.

I hit decline again and put my phone on silent.

Quinn has noticed something is up though.

"Who is calling you?" she asks as I attempt to hide the screen of my phone. She sees it anyway.

"Who is D?" she asks.

"Uh, it's just...no one really."

"Um, it has to be someone, Bryna. Who is it and why do they keep calling you?"

"I told you it's no one."

She stares blankly at me for a whole as I decline every call he makes.
Then finally he stops calling as her eyes light up, "Danny, the D is for Danny. You know him, because you used to date him didn't you? His ex-girlfriend he wrote those songs for is you! She has the same birthday as you because she is you. And doesn't your middle name start with K? If You See Kay..."

I sigh.

"You dated Danny O'Donoghue!" she exclaims, "Didn't you?"

I nod my head slowly.