Chapter 13-Let the Show Begin

Bryna

I get a text from Quinn that afternoon at around two telling me to be ready in a half an hour because she's coming to pick me up.

Knowing Quinn she'll be here at two forty-five, probably even three, but still, I'm in my PJ's and haven't even showered.

I get up and rush to the shower, turning the water on to warm up and coming back to finish off the last few bites of the chocolate cake Evan brought me to get my mind off of Danny and the whole disaster that is most likely going to occur later.

I rush back to the bathroom and strip down to nothing, hopping into the shower even though the water is still cold. I scrub my long hair with shampoo and then conditioner. I wash my face and my body and then quickly shave my legs.

When I'm done I dry off as best I can and put on a bra and some underwear.

I blow my hair dry which takes forever, and turn on my straightener, trying to find something to wear while it heats up.

I decide on a pretty simple outfit, a plain white t-shirt with a waist high gold glitter skirt.

Of course the hot pink bra I have on shows through the shirt so I change into a simple black one that still ends up showing.

I don't have time for this. Fuck it.
I tuck in the loose V-neck tee, and pull the skirt up, adjusting it the way I like it.

I find my sunglasses before I forget them. I know we'll be inside, but I might need the disguising.

I hang the aviators on the hem of the shirt and sit down on my bed, putting on some socks and then my DocMartins.

I know Danny despises short skirts and boots on a girl. That's just one more reason for him to hate me.
I start packing my little shoulder bag when I hear my straightener go off. I rush into the bathroom and quickly straighten my already decently sleek hair, then start to put my makeup on.

I dab on my concealer and foundation, then my usual natural looking shade of eye shadow and a small amount of bronzer and blush.
I go in with some red lipstick and even put on some fake eyelashes. I use heavy eyeliner and then I am done.

I put on some sparkly stud earrings and tons of bracelets and rings.
I then finish packing my purse with my essentials and throw on my black, leather jacket.

I hurry into the living room and by then it is two fifty-five.

"Gosh." I say to myself.

I sit there on my phone for twenty more minutes and she still isn't here yet.

I sigh and I'm just about to go changed back into some more comfortable clothes when I hear a knock on the door and she invites herself in.

"Who is ready to have a good time?"

"Not me." I say.

"Oh, come on Bryn." she sighs, "This will be the greatest!"

"I was kidding, I'm excited." I say as I stand up. That is a total lie.

She gasps when she sees my outfit. "Darling you look adorable!" she says grabbing my hand and spinning me around to get a better look at my outfit.

"You too!" I tell her tugging on the loose sleeves of her black sweater. It's open knit so it gives off this sort of mesh look. I was with her when she got that. "I love that look on you." I tell her as I take in the rest of her outfit, a pair of disco pants and some black Litas platform boots.

She pulls up her sweater to revel her tight, cropped, sleeveless turtleneck that has vertical black and white stripes on it.

"Cute!" I say, pinching at it. "I couldn't pull something like that off. Not with my body." I say.