Chapter 27-Found Again

Bryna

I sit there in the same spot for what must be hours. The movie ended a long time ago and all the cars left.

They had to swerve around me, and many of them honked and shouted, telling me to get out of the way. A few men even tried to move me themselves but I lashed out, punching one of them in the nose the other in the groin.

They looked like they were about to hit me back till a lady in one of their cars rolled down the window and called, "Roman, let her be, she's not causing any damage."

The one that was holding me back rolled his eyes and the one that was about to punch me scowled, but the two of them backed off and left.

Now I sit in the same spot, all alone in the darkness, sobbing quietly into the palms of my hands. It's cold enough to see my breath, and it's beginning to snow.

I hear someone clear their throat and I nervously peek between my fingers at the short, thin, lady with graying hair standing in front of me.

"You've got to leave love," she says in a thick London accent.

"I-I c-can't." I sob.

"Whatdaya mean you can't?"

"I don't have a ride."

She frowns. "Oh, well I can't much help ya there, but I can offer to escort ya to the bus station. We'll have to walk 'cause I don't have a car, but it's only a short ways."

"No that's okay." I say sadly.

"Well, I can't just leave you here on your own sweets." She offers me her hand and says, "Let me help you up."

After a moment of looking at her hand skeptically I take it, and she helps pull me up from the grass. She hands me a tissue and I wipe my eyes before following her through the dark.

As we approach the exit of the drive in she clears her throat and asks, "So what happened to your car if I may ask?"

I sniffle and take a deep breath before choking out, "My friends and I had a bit of a fight and then my boyfriend," I say for lack of a better word, "left me here."

"Well why'd be do that?" she asks.

"He was part of the fight."

"Was he what you and your friends were fighting over?" she asks

I nod then remember she can't see me, "Yeah..."

"I see." she says.

"What about you?" I ask as we approach the bus stop, taking a seat on the bench. There aren't any other people at this stop, so we get the whole bench to ourselves. "How was your day?"

"Pretty decent actually...my son only called me once to say that the twins were fighting and he couldn't control them." She pauses, "Oh, and then this nice young lad gave me fifty euros for something that cost four and told me to keep the change."

I give her a sad smile. I know nothing about her life, but somehow I feel like I do.

"He was the darlingist young Irish lad." she said, "reminded me of my oldest son with his dark hair that added another few inches to his height."

My face falls. "Danny." I say.

"I dunno his name." she says. "He never bothered to tell me." She sighs, "I do wish I would've asked though. So I'd know who to thank."

"Danny. His name is Danny." I say.

"Hum," she says. "You know of him?"

I nod, "Yea...I do."