Chapter 23-Little Leo

Bryna

I lay next to him on my back facing the ceiling.

This time we're at my place. We got a little bored of the guest room in Glen's London house. We tried the living room out, as well as Glen's bedroom; though I told Danny I didn't think that one was the greatest idea. It's going to be really awkward if I ever see him again, especially in that house.

I don't plan on ever seeing anyone in Danny's life. I don't even plan on seeing him after this little affair has run its course. Who knows though? I can't really tell where this is going.

He's still out of breath as he lies beside of me.

"You okay?" I say.

"Yeah," he says, gasping for air. "You're amazing."

I shake my head, "You only think that because you've been sleeping with the wrong girls."

He tilts his head over and looks at me and I do the same. He has a confused look on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asks.

"Just that knowing you, you've gone for nice girls, Quinn for example."
He looks at me intently, perhaps trying to decide what make of me bringing up Quinn.

"I'm not a nice girl Daniel." I whisper.

He takes in a deep breath and lets it out, shutting his eyes.

I watch him carefully as his head falls slightly.

"Danny." I mutter.

"Hum?" he asks.

"I've tired you out." I point out.

"Yeah," he mutters, his eyes fluttering open.

I laugh and scoot closer to him, resting my head on his chest so that I can hear the beat of his heart.

It's pounding, going a mile a minute.

"My heart feels like it's about to explode." he says and I wonder if that's how it felt when I left him.

"In a good way though." he adds.

"I like that I can do that to you." I say softly.

"Yea, I'm sure you do."

"It's not my fault I love power."
He sighs, "I know it's not. It's just hard for us that way. I like having the power, you like having the power. We don't like to share."

"We can share." I say.

"Speak for yourself." he jokes.

I slap him on the chest harder than intended.

"Ouch!" he exclaims.

"Oh, that did not hurt Daniel."

"And you would know?"

A red mark starts to appear where I hit him and he rubs at it. "Jesus Bryna, I'm starting to bruise for Christ's sake."

I wince, "Oh God, I'm so sorry." I say.

"Yea, you should be."

"I can kiss it. Will that make it feel better?"

"You can try." he pouts, "But I doubt it.

I lean over and lightly kiss the red mark.

"It didn't work." he says.

"I'm sorry."

He shrugs and rolls over onto his other side, sulking.

"Oh come on." I say. "Don't be a sourpuss."