Chapter Forty-Four

Erika sits on the edge of one of Bobby's spare beds, Dean stares out the window and Bobby is raging behind them.

"Dean? Dean! You listen to a word I said?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him"

"Don't make me get my gun, boy" Dean turns to face Bobby.

"We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?" Dean asks, Erika stands.

"I know you're pissed, love," she tells him. "And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your...."

"Blood? He's my blood, is that what you were gonna say?" Dean asks.

"He's your brother. And he's drowning" She answers softly.

"Eri, I tried to help him, I did. Look what happened"

"So try again"

"It's too late" Dean argues.

"There's no such thing" She argues back.

"No, damnit! No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like déjà vu all over again" Dean sits. "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants" Bobby and Erika share a look. Bobby looks back to Dean.

"You don't mean that" Bobby tells him.

"Yes I do, Bobby. Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was" Bobby turns and leans on the table, fuming. After a moment he makes a big angry sweep with his hands, tossing books and papers to the ground. He advances on Dean, who stands.

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch! Well, boo hoo, I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good?! Bake you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"

"I told him, 'you walk out that door, don't come back' and he walked out anyway! That was his choice"

"You sound like a whiny brat. No, you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward" Bobby tells Dean.

"My dad was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?"

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do both of us a favor. Don't be him" Dean turns back to staring out the window, Erika moves to his side.

"Dean" she whispers, he sighs and pulls her closer. "He's your..." she stops and stares at her reflection.

"Brother, I know" Dean finishes.

"Dean" she states and then looks around, the two of them are now stood in a large, lavishly appointed room. The walls are painted white with gold trim and accents, and a marble table stands in the center. Bobby is not there but Castiel is there.

"Hello, Dean, Eris. It's almost time" Castiel tells them, he then looks to something behind Erika who then turns, two angels grab her and attach a collar around her neck, a chain attaching her to the wall behind them.

"Hey!" she growls as they step back from her, she grabs at the collar as Dean's eyes widen.

"What are you doing?" he asks looking to Castiel as Erika pulls on the collar trying to pull it off of her, she cries out and turns to glare at Castiel.

"It's warded in Enochian, you can't escape it" he tells her. She lunges for him, but the chain snaps her back, she's pulled back sharply and hits the floor.